Site down for maintenance: 3-6pm est

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Oct 29, 2012.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The new server is slowing down the amount of new breaking info coming out. Or is that just me?

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Site is much faster loading now. Thanks

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Still not getting the site on phone. Dang it.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Both mobile and laptop good and fast! Great job guys!

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good work TD, in all seriousness. And thank you.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Many thanks to everyone who made this happen. If it was solely Tenny who made this happen, than many thanks solely to him.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Thank Float and your other Mods for leading it.

Thank everyone else for being patient, both with a too slow site (and for far too long) and in my recent efforts. I know it's been a pain the butt.

9. Tenacious D

If it breaks, blame me.

If it works, thank Float and everyone else.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I wish I had looked at this before it came down. I spent an embarrassingly long while trying to get in. If it hadn't been for twitter, I would probably have figured out what I needed to do eventually but probably not by now.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Anyone with ATT have the site back up on their cell? My iPhone still giving me the finger for this site?

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

My iPad (safari), My Android (Dolphin) and Tapatalk are all down (they were all working yesterday).... desktop is working.

iPad and Android are both on my home WiFi right now.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

My phone worked on my wifi but not on cell coverage. Guess it hasn't been 72 hours yet.

14. Tenacious D

With the understanding that I have no idea as to what your personal set-ups may be (or about "technology", in general), some have reported that clearing both their internet cache and cookies has aided in the refreshment of their DNS, and allowed them to gain access to the new site on those devices which had yet to automatically refresh themselves.

But, again, I am entirely sincere in re-stating that both "computers" and "the interwebz" are at the top (or least quite near, perhaps trailing only "women") of the voluminous list of things that I am almost completely ignorant about. As such, you should apply any advice I give in that direction only after having consulted someone who knows what they are talking about, if even then, or at all.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I've done the clearing of the cache. I'm just special.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Finally. iPhone now gets maxim. Call off the attack dogs.

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Mines back up as well.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

For some reason I have had to clear out cache multiple on my computer. My phone has worked flawlessly since the site came back up. Fl0at is far more versed than I am, but that seemingly goes well past DNS propagation issues. It's just weird.

19. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Hell, I didn't know that there was a mobile app. I just got it on Android and it wasn't long until I discovered that I was listed as a Republican atheist with 100% confidence in Dooley. That person, if he or she exists, scares me.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Everything is finally running smoothly for me. New site is fast and works much better