Site Updates

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 27, 2012.

Tags:
?

Do you like the new site format?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2013.
  1. No, I prefer the old one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I do.

100.0%
  3. I could care less, either way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We've been working on a new layout / site design for several weeks. While it will continue to undergo tweaks, it is now at the point of being available for widespread use.
    If you prefer the old style, instead, you may select it from the menu at the bottom of the screen.

Also, we have added an entirely separate program to reduce / streamline many server intensive process. When coupled with the new changes, the speed of the site has increased by nearly 200%.

Also, we have combined some forums (all of the posts and threads remain, they've only been moved) to better concentrate their content, and to enable their more ready accessibility.

Please feel free to ask any questions or provide feedback, as needed.

I've attached a poll to gauge the response to the changes.

2. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the "Sports" forum is too broad. I realize that there is a relatively small number of members here, but having separate NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR/Motorsports forums where threads can be started/easily found on particular teams/players would be preferable.

3. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I like the my posts/threads. of course, the new button is a must.

for some reason the site takes longer to load than TOOS. Especially on mobile.

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

oh and I like that we can see post count now.

5. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

What happened to the Entertainment forum?

6. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Did you mean to make that a 12 month poll? That's a long time. Just sayin...

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

as of right now, the politics forum and entertainment have been combined into the Checkerboard. I personally think we should keep them separated. Just too hard to find links having 3 separate forums in one.

8. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

why do I have a tic under my name that says I defend Fulmer? LOL

9. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

continue to increase the load speed of the site and I'll be happy....baby steps