Sling TV

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ptclaus98, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, sadly I'm a hockey fan. But if I can't get Canes games through Sling or Vue, I am seriously considering pay for Sling during football season and then going Fubo/Netflix/Hulu-only for the remainder of the year. And talking my wife into making semi-regular stops at Carolina Ale House when the Canes are on.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

One thing I don't like about Vue is the interface. It's just not easy to navigate. Not set up like cable or satellite at all

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Comcast on demand interface is absolutely retarded. After watching a show, it should bring you back to the show's menu you were in. Instead you have to go back through the entire menu list all over again.

So trying to watch Game of Thrones you have to go:
    Premium channels>HBO>HBO HD>HBO Series>GoT>Season #>Episode #>Play.

And each of those menus are slow as shit.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

ended up calling them back and getting the upgrade at a discounted price and the new boxes just shipped. Saved $30 per month for telling them that I never considered hooking up the phone service that I've been paying them for.

Not a bad result.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using to watch Vue? I recently switched to Vue and the interface sucks on our Roku but is great on our FireTV. FireTV has an actual channel guide such as Dish or DirecTV does but ROKU shows everything like I'm in Netflix or something.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I have a pretty good set-up between Vue and a Slingbox. I have a Slingbox setup at my parent's house. They're retired and live alone but have an extra satellite box in their guest bedroom (my old room). I put my slingbox in there, it doesn't interrupt their other TV's and I only use it if a game is not available on my service or when travelling.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Running it from the PS4

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I have FIOS now and I support it. Internet is really fast.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

FIOS does the same thing.

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

The HBO GO app's interface is equally slow. You'd think a premium subscription service like HBO would have it streamlined better.

11. InVolNerable

And isn't HBO Go like $15/mth without cable service? That's more expensive than Netflix.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

People pay that?

13. InVolNerable

HBO Now is the standalone, $15/mth app. HBO Go is the cable companion. Comcast HBO looks like it costs $16/mth full price. DirectTV charges $18/mth

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I do at the moment. I'm watching my way through GoT again, after which I'll drop it until the new season.

I'm still coming in under what I was paying with Comcast cable

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You should also watch The Night Of. It is awesome.

16. InVolNerable

What's it about?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nice young guy is in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets charged with a murder. We don't know if he did it, but there's a ton of evidence against him. So far it's about his attorney working for him and him surviving jail. Doesn't sound like anything new, but it's way better than Law and Order and all that other stuff from that genre.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Have you ever heard of Game of Thrones?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Heard of it. Never considered watching it. It's either a sport or funny if I'm going to watch it.

20. InVolNerable

Usually same with me. Game of thrones and Breaking Bad were/are too good to not watch.