Smoothest transition from Dooley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Hoss Diesel, Jul 23, 2012.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

In my opinion, Hart doesn't think Dooley will win 9 games. So it really is a moot point.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No and no.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think anyone has ever had less respect than Todd Raleigh had prior to his last season. I guess just the way we didn't make a move on Raleigh, Buzz, Bruce, or Phil has just gotten me jaded.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That was all Hamilton. New regime in town.

At least that's what I'll tell myself until proven otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think it was all him. There is still a powerful network of boosters.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I hope I am. I'm just afraid it will be difficult to fire a coach with a 9-3 regular season given the last few years.

The only way I could see Tennessee doing that is if they have a big name coach willing to take the job.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see him being fired at all if he wins nine games.

8. InVolNerable

Why can't you let me keep my glimmer of hope that the purge is almost complete?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Huffman seems pretty confident. I don't think he's talking out of his ass. I'm just using recent history as a guide.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A 9-win season would make it difficult, nearly impossible....but it would also depend on who those 9 wins came against, who the 3 losses were against, and by how wide of a margin.

It will also be a largely financial decision, too, which it wasn't in the past until it was too widely evidenced to be ignored. Watch ticket sales and fannies in the seats as the season goes along.

Finally, it will depend on who is waiting in the wings - if it's Gruden, 10 wins might not save him. If its just a wide open expanse of mediocrity, 7 wins may get him another year.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't think there's any way that Tennessee could run Dooley after a 10-win season. Not for Gruden, or Lombardi, or a half Peyton Manning half Unicorn centaur.

12. InVolNerable

Unicorn centaur? Those are so rare, they don't even exist in Harry Potter.

13. Tenacious D

Welp.

Not to be negative, but when you know where all of the bodies are buried, you can bring them out, when needed.

Hypothetically.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No way he's run after 9 or 10 wins. Either have to hope he's figured this coaching thing out and UT is out of the basement, or hope he finishes with a bad enough record to get run out.

15. InVolNerable

Underneath Neyalnd. Duh.

16. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

go on ......

17. Tenacious D

It's nothing particular, at all. But it's like this - when the IRS wants to audit you, or a cop wants to pull you over, or your employer wants to dump you - they'll find a reason good enough to do so.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

9 wins will be tough. But what needs to be reiterated is that there is a new sheriff in town.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Hart went into the job knowing Dooley was a putz. He didn't think he was a big enough putz to have his team quit on him at Arkansas and then get beat 2 weeks later by Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

If he wins 9 and doesn't lose to the weaker teams on the schedule he's fine.
    If he wins 9 and drops a game to a perennial loser he's gone.

I personally don't think he's still the coach following the Bama game but if he is, he'll need to win out from that point to keep his job.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me give you a hint: The Hill used to only have one set of stairs.