Smoothest transition from Dooley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Hoss Diesel, Jul 23, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We calling in the scarabs to complete this ouster?

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I've got a better shot walking on the moon than [ddiapos] being fired after winning 9 games. If he did that, he'd be in the discussion for coach of the year. There is no scenario under which he can be fired if he wins 9, IMO.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I could see a situation arise where he won 9 but lost to Florida, Georgia and Alabama by a combined 100 points and get fired, but that is it especially if it just squeaks by against other teams.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I have faith in him to create those Dooley moments as only he can. Will be entertaining -- if he gets canned.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

My little bird tells me that competitiveness against the top of the conference is the most important criterium, above even record.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Well...

7. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

I suppose it is just a fantasy that we can somehow have out cake and eat it too. Have a good year and ditch Dooley.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If it's about actually playing at a high level to really compete against the elite, I can get behind it.

If it's about only losing by 17 instead of 31, that's not so encouraging.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It is this. Are we competitive with the top of the conference? Are we gaining meaningful ground on them?

Nobody really believes we are at the level of Bama and LSU, but is there significant progress in closing the gap? It is my understanding that this is the main question. Record matters, but a competitive loss to Missouri or Miss St won't hurt nearly as much as a walkover against Georgia or another record setting blowout loss to the Tide.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In that case, I hope they're looking at more than score. We lost to Georgia by one score, but we were so helpless that game.

I still think record should be considered first, though. I don't see any way he should be back without finishing above .500 in conference play.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm sure out will be both.