Snl 40

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Feb 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's been pretty good

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I missed the beginning. I enjoyed it.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Bill Murray is fantastic

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

SNL's goat, imo.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Maybe so, but Norm MacDonald never gets the credit he deserves. A case could be made that he single handily kept that show afloat between the exodus of Phil Hartman to the arrival of Will Ferrell.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Possibly the funniest man on the planet

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

I love this movie.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

No way. MacDonald was fine in a supporting role, but he isnt close to the goat.

9. hallowed_hill

Yes.

10. hallowed_hill

The show brought back so many great memories. I laughed hard. My biggest complaint was that the compilation videos were too ambitious. The 1-2 second snippets just got lost on top of each other.

11. hallowed_hill

I never knew that Chevy Chase was such an ******* and universally hated until I googled him. He was tough to see last night.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He was a coked up egotistical [Penis].

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was hoping for 3 or 4 minutes apiece of Farley, Hartman, Hooks, Belushi and Radnor.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I always loved Dana Carvey but he didn't get much love in Rolling Stone's ranking of SNL actors. Bill Hader is very much underrated I think because he wasn't on the show during their more popular years.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Farley, as Matt Foley, IMO, is the greatest skit in SNL history. Will Ferrell playing cow bell is pretty high on my list too.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

El Nino wasn't his best, but it's one of my favorites. I had a family member that was convinced the El Nino was going to cause apocalyptic weather, then I saw Chris Farley as "The Nino

[video=youtube;IvmeUStFvz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmeUStFvz8[/video]

17. hallowed_hill

Thinking about the cultural impact of the show, with all of those legends in the same place, was truly remarkable.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of my favorites.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, why do you give Rolling Stone a minute of your time? Between putting a terrorist on the cover and not doing any fact-checking with the UVA rape accusations, they need to be left to wither and die.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Loved the first half. The last part seemed to be more and more commercials