So If I was Huepel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Nov 21, 2021.

1. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

I am offering Mullen an analyst job this morning. It appears to have helped Sabam buld his program and it would stick it to Fla regarding the buyout.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We could use an intern to wash the helmets.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Mullen's wife could run the hostess program as the madam.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm afraid she'd fire them and do the job herself and I suddenly understand Dan's lack of recruiting success.

5. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

If Lincoln Riley of the Oklahoma Sooners takes a job like LSU or Florida, does coach Heupel leave us for Oklahoma where he was a QB?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No, as has been explained multiple times.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If Riley leaves, I think they will kick the tires on one another. He won a Heisman there is and the guy that fired him is long gone. It's not outside the realm of possibility.

In the end, Heupel doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would leave a program like Tennessee after 1 year. Bottom line, he won't unless he does.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It is a business but Heupel and family appear to love it up there right now. Him coming from a different background may have him wanting to stay put for a long time vs chasing another job.
    DC or LB coach mentioned a few days ago something about sometimes you need to find a spot and stop chasing. He was talking about how much he enjoys the environment.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And we imo do need a HC, OC and DC to be around awhile. Position coaches will probably always move but we need an OC and DC who don't want to be HC and can stick around

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If Heupel did go, and we landed Kiffin or Napier, I wouldn't be sad.

12. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

This is one of the most important things we need to get this program heading in the right direction. The continuity of the coaching staff is very important not only for recruiting purposes but for the players on the team as well.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Uhhhh where have you been for the last 4 coaching searches???

cpninja, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Honing my internet skills. I am poised to pick up 200 twitter followers if cs-21(b) happens.

15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I think Heuple wants to belong in Knoxville, he wants to be our first choice, wants to build a program here. It is a business, my gut tells me he really is where he wants to be.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can see Golesh maybe getting a shot at a G5 program.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Heupel produces, he can find no better place to ascend to royalty than Knoxville. And culturally he fits while also being fresh. I was not impressed with the hire but a year later I am impressed with the man.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Imagine being in a position to be the guy that restored an all time top 10 college football blueblood (and even after the past 20 years, that’s exactly what Tennessee still is.. we’re still ahead of UGa and LSU all time.) to it’s rightful place among the elite programs. Heupel may not have been our first choice but he’s definitely turned out to be the correct one.

I think the Stones may have written a song about that some years ago…

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

After some investigation, I *think* the Riley to LSU buzz is fake

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see the ones in power at Oklahoma admitting they screwed up. Stoops and Heupel aren't on speaking terms either