So If I was Huepel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Nov 21, 2021.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Heupel would be just another guy who's not Bob Stoops in Norman that can't get the team over the hump. He gets Tennessee back to competitive he'll be a hero. Way more upside for him here.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Honestly I’d be more worried if OU were NOT coming to the SEC. The clear advantage that OU has over UT in terms of how easy it is to win titles goes away when they join this league.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This point cannot be overstated enough. OU’s gravy train is about to be over.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Like @NYY said, all that goes away when the alma mater calls for a lot of people.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

OK would have to admit they were wrong and the money guys at that place are not going to do that.

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

After CH went on Ainge's show, I am at DEFCON 5. We're good.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They're not going to admit that Heupel can coach and they shouldn't have fired him? That doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Just say "you completely proved us wrong man. We're impressed with you." If they want him, they'll do that.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Volation tracked a plane from Norman to Knoxville last night. Not sure if it was anything, but how many planes fly directly into Knoxville out of Norman Oklahoma?

So for him to say that this morning is pretty big.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We're flying in transfer portal guys

NorrisAlan, PilotFlyingJ and A-Smith like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know if you are guessing, spitballing, or knowing, but it would be absolutely baller if that is what is happening.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was joking but it's not out of the realm of possibility

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's nothing but every time there's a search fans seem to either forget or have never understood that it's a big world with a lot of air travel. Maybe a rich dentist is going hunting in Oklahoma. Maybe a local insurance broker is trying to win a big client in Oklahoma. Literally one million reasons a plane might travel between two decent size towns. Goodness.

justingroves and IP like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Planes don't fly directly from Norman to Knoxville on the vast majority of days.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Heupel isn’t in Knoxville because he’s out recruiting

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah fine. I'm just arguing about whether a plane coming from Norman to Knoxville is noteworthy or not.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

EA also said that Heupel was the one who requested the interview with him. Wanted to calm people’s nerves.

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well sure. But, if you looked at a list of all cities private planes flew to out of Knoxville for just one week or one month it would include a long list of pretty random cities.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree.

Just saying if you see that flight, when there is a vacancy in Oklahoma and we have one of the top 5 candidates being named, it's not unreasonable to think that that plane *might be* coming to talk to Josh Heupel.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

For Oklahoma to go after Heupel they will have to whiff on a lot of their first choices like USC did when they settled for Kiffin (i.e., Venables)

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Oklahoma boosters came to kidnap Heupel's family, imo.