So much for separation of Church and State

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Nov 18, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In fact, there is an apocryphal story about the Tsar of Russia trying to decide which of the three religions of his kingdom was to be the State religion. He chose Christianity because Islam and Buddhism had prohibitions against alcohol.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Can't let all that vodka go to waste

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is one of the five pillars beheading? I forget.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The guillotine was actually fitted into an existing pillar. Clever design.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

In the Common Core curriculum, the Seventh grade Geography class here in Bristol exposes the students to all the major world religions. It in no way can be construed as trying to push Islam by anyone who has the intelligence to read the textbook. But true to the East Tennessee tradition of over reacting to something just based om what "they" say. A group has been organized to get that unholy garbage out of our schools. I happened to run into the main lady behind the group a couple weeks ago, and I asked her just what specifically she objected to. She said "they" were teaching our kids the religion of Satan. I said well didn't she think her kids were strongly enough raised in the Christian life to resist such a dastardly thing? And by teaching, did she mean pushing it as a religion to follow, or teaching as in making them informed as to what other religions were about? She kind of went off on me calling me one of them liberals amid a few other tirades about needing to open my eyes. The Irony was so thick I just had to laugh. I asked her how did she know the textbook taught the things she claimed, and sure enough, she had not only not read the book, but had not been in a classroom, purely going on what she had been told by her pastor. The class just happens to be taught by my pastor's wife, and she has invited this lady to come and monitor the class. Of course the lady has declined. I suppose she is afraid she will find out she is wrong.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Intellectual laziness. Imagine that. I love that you engaged her on the issue, RB, but how sad to see another failing to utilize our greatest asset.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Much like the SJW's that barge into libraries and yell at anyone not their skin color, you have some people on the other end of the spectrum who behave similarly in regards to anything that doesn't conform to them. Funny how the extremes end up looking the same.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've oftentimes wondered which group has been the victim of more faux persecution. I'm thinking it's a pretty close race.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's dang close. Dang close.