Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Depends on the matchups.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It wasn't because they couldn't score goals, either.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Monterey and Guadalajara? Do we want people to die when watching their teams?

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Really cool.

Side note- @The Dooz I think you are the ultimate sports fanatic.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really hard to say this far out, as some nations travel well, some already have a lot of fans here, and there is no telling what teams will be in the tourney and in which group, playing where, etc. It's analogous to knowing the scalping prices for the 2026 ncaa tournament for a particular region, in 2018.

6. chavisut

Are MLS stadiums typically large enough or will they play at Nissan?

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Who do we think the final 16 cities will be?

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yes and no.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I saw something on twitter that the average price will be $431. No idea where this came from or who that person is, so take it with a grain of salt.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think Atlanta with that massive new home will be one

DarthVisor likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Haha, is that a compliment? Why you say that? I honestly don’t think I’m any more or less passionate about my teams than anybody else.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The venues sold out in 1994 and no one here knew anything about soccer. It's still the highest attended World Cup ever and that was with just 24 teams.

They'll set records in 2026 that won't be broken for a century. I just hope Nashville makes the final cut.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I assume Nissan and it will sell out fast and easy. New MLS Stadium should be here by then, but seats 1/3rd of the capacity

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Easily two of the most beautiful stadiums in the world, especially in Monterrey

15. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I really hope Nashville gets to host as well.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Doubt both get to. I imagine the SE will be aplit among Atlanta/Nashville and Orlando/Miami.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I thought you were kidding before I searched them.

18. chavisut

Not a dig at all. I don't think most people are super passionate about every sport nowadays. Plus wrestling, racing, etc.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I knew we'd win when the technical report came out and the votes would be publicized. Most countries had to back the one that actually could be feasibly run and, as an aside, make a shit ton of money for everyone. The US has the money, stadiums and people from everywhere reside here. There won't be a single match not sold out. Not one, unless it's Tahiti vs. Zimbabwe and, even then, people would be shocked at the number of people from those places that would show up.

The next, and final, step is getting Nashville included in the final 10 from the current 16 possible sites. Will be tough, but no Chicago helps a little. The USA-Mexico match in September needs to be packed. I don't care if it's 50,000 Mexicans and 20,000 gringos, just pack that [uck fay]er.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator