Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Never thought I would enjoy a Nations League win so much

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That said, I’m a little irritated that Musah and Dike have not yet been cap-tied.

emainvol likes this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Damn went to bed at half time.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wish that they would get serious with Mexico re: fan behavior. They do just like my work does. Instead of getting real with who’s causing problems they do the blanket “we all need to do better blah blah blah” screw that. Start making Mexico forfeit matches and that shit will stop. Maybe.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're right.

emainvol likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I gotta hand it to them, the young’uns don’t quit. Man what a fun game that was. Even with the Mexico fans trying to ruin it like little [itch bay]es

tvolsfan likes this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This one was a beaut too

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If the US team and Vol athletics are turning the corner at the same time, then it will do wonders for my sports psyche. Between the Friday grand slam walk off and beating Mexico, I haven't enjoyed myself that much in a long time. The basketball Vols have had their moments, but this was a sustained high over a weekend of events.

As far as the USMNT goes, I think this win was exceptionally important even if I still have no idea what the hell the Nation's League is supposed to be. Mexico has been either better or more clutch against us for a decade now and believing we can beat those guys is incredibly important. The way they gave it back to the crowd was also a sign they have the necessary chip on their shoulder to lead into this potential golden generation. As of yesterday, I knew they were the most talented. I didn't know if they were tough enough, but they went a long way towards showing it last night.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know what a Nations League is either but I always operate under the premise that silverware is silverware and it’s better to have it than not have it.

Unless it’s an Audi Cup, then it especially doesn’t count since nobody cares, but I digress.

Given the CONCACAF shithousing, with the infinite extra time and calls that mostly seemed to benefit Mexico, added on to the Mexican fans behavior, really proud of what the boys pulled off.

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If El Tri fans want it, I want to take it away.

OneForVol likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

I was just glad to see some grinta. It wasn’t some tactical technical masterpiece but we didn’t take their shit and responded to adversity. It’s also the kind of thing that can bring people together and galvanize a team. Berhalter isn’t a tactical mastermind but he doesn’t have to be if they play hard and together.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

15. JohnnyQuickkick

So now it looks like Roma and Spurs just traded managers

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

Come on, Musah

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Aaronson is looking legit

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care if all these dudes play the same position, find a way to get them on the field.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How does Tim Ream continue to get playtime?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Apparently Miazga is hurt but getting rid of Ream is like MacGuyver trying to get rid of Murdock