Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

NorrisAlan and The Dooz like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree that they need to do “something.” But this ain’t it.

How many games would it take for fan of Team A to dress up like fan of Team B, say/do some racist shit, and ensure a 3-0 forfeit by Team B in favor of Team A? It’s the perfect opportunity for fans to plug themselves in and help their teams in ways they otherwise can’t. Which makes it dumb.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You can come up with any thing that can be abused. But you get caught wearing your opponents colors and trying to sabotage them, you are LITERALLY taking your life into your own hands. SEC Football has nothing on crazy when compared to European football, especially in eastern Europe.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

The stadium crowd isn’t the same in Italy as it is in the US. You have to show your ID to get in. Supporter’s sections at an away game are even more controlled, and the people in those sections know who each other are, or at the very least have record of who is in there. Which is the first avenue towards stopping this stuff, because you can find out who these people are and ban them. Secondly you would be able to determine if something like you described happened, and the penalty for that would be even more severe.

emainvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s pretty much the same thing in the Premier League. Away supporters sit in specific sections with security between them and the home supporters.

I think a lot of people who don’t follow the sport closely don’t realize how rabid Europeans are about their football. Americans are choir boys in comparison.

emainvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Jurgen Klopp stepping down at the end of the year.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Benvenuto al Milan, Jurgen

8. JohnnyQuickkick

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Deutsche Fussballnationalmannschaft

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Not sure Nottingham Forest is the place I’d have picked for Gio. I hate that the Fiorentina rumor didn’t have legs

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I, too, preferred Fiorentina, even Sevilla would be better. I'm curious as to how he'll handle the EPL's physicality, but he's also the most talented player we have in the US. Let's see if production can match the talent.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I just like getting these guys in Serie A for selfish reasons but also I think it’s teaching these guys how to think the game. It’s just a different animal and I think varying the experience is only a good thing

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Mbappe moving to Real in the summer.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ivory Coast finished 3rd in their group with 2 losses in AFCON, including a 4-0 loss to Equatorial Guinea (tiny tiny country). Their manager quit. Has now manged to crawl their way into the semifinals with only 1 win in regulation, including a comeback against Mali with only 10 players.

Bizarre.

But that manager must of at least kind of sucked.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw that Philly will host a World Cup round of 16 game on 7/4/26 and all brackets must be rigged for that to be US vs England.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

one of the biggest shitholes I’ve ever visited and I saw a lot of it. No wonder they are always mad up there. I cannot imagine choosing that city to live in with other options available.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, easily the dirtiest bigger city I've ever visited. I'm not a fan.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wife and I were doing the downtown, Liberty bell, DOI self tour. She heard me counting and asked what I was doing. I was up to 72 open wounds on people laying around. Then on way back from “nice area” near Haverton, there are no decent streets back to Drexel, another shithole. I’m talking it looked like The Wire

19. JohnnyQuickkick

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"