Solo

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, May 24, 2018.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The force conversations didn’t bother me. Didn’t like Leia flying through space

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I liked vii and viii. So pthbthbthbthbthb.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

me too

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As far as I can tell they're actively shitting on the original trilogy; there's no balance. It's like opposite day on the set. "So what was really good about the original trilogy? Ok, lets do the direct opposite".

justingroves likes this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Enlightenment if forever unreachable for you. Sorry.

lylsmorr likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So I'm at the local theater. It's empty. Like deserted. The wife and I are here to see Deadpool sans kids, or we'd be going to Solo. We might have the place to ourselves if we did. Usually the place is packed for any bigger name opening weekend.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Just walked out. Pretty damn decent movie.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Good enough. Not better than Rogue One. Better than the last two episodes.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Enjoyed that more that rogue 1

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's encouraging. I am the one person who is a Star Wars fan that didn't love Rogue One right out of the gate. It's a great movie. Make no mistake that I like it, but I needed something besides a tragedy right about the time I saw it.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just got back from seeing it. Son loooooved it. I thought it was pretty good, but you can tell the production and director change had some effect on the film.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I really enjoyed the movie. It's right there with Rogue One.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I just got out. It's good, but there's something missing. Some of those "Star Wars" moments just felt forced a bit. I found the ending a bit surprising. There's no way they weren't planning sequels or didn't at least lay a foundation for more movies set in this time frame.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Watched again. Still like this movie.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Watched it last weekend on Netflix. Liked it too.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It wasn't bad

17. JohnnyQuickkick

The dude isn’t Harrison Ford, who is, but it’s pretty uncanny at times. And Donald Glover was perfect

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, it was almost like they went back in time to get young Billy Bee Williams to play the part. It was impossible to do it any better.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I still content all the hate was due to the fact that Episode 8 was a dumpster fire. I really enjoyed Solo. The 2 Star Wars universe movies have been great.

reVOLt likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree that a lot of the criticism was a bit unfounded. I've not seen it in a while, but my initial impression was you could call it a bit of a mess. That being said, it was a mess that worked overall. You could tell there were multiple cooks in the kitchen making the movie, but the end product left me caring about the characters and wanting to see more of the story. Isn't that what a good movie is supposed to do?

reVOLt likes this.