South Carolina Primary Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jan 21, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd say Newt has had a good week. From down double-digits in polls on Tuesday to reportedly leading polls today.

If Newt does pull this out, it will make for a very interesting 10 days leading up to Florida.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm in the anyone but Newt camp.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'm on the fence about Newt, but I do like that he does have the #$^^$ to be...... well you know what I mean.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suspect the winner of South Carolina is going to get the nomination. I wouldn't have felt that way when we thought Romney had won the previous 2 primaries. But now...

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Romney strikes me as a guy who will form the alliances necessary to get the job that he wants to get done, done. I like that, considering where we are in Washington these days.

It looks like Newt is going to win South Carolina, but I hope Romney can pull it together from here.

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Newt has that killer instinct, he goes for the throat, and I admit I enjoy watching him in the debates

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Newt in many ways represents what I don't like about Washington right now. He will bulldog just to spite someone.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Newt would smack his momma to get what he wants, but so would most all politicians thesr days. I share your feelings about the climate in politics today. I don't see much of anyone on either side are willing change the system. The guys in power and seeking power are bought and paid for. None of the have the best interests of the people or the nation in mind. They are out for personal and party gain and to protect their sugar daddies. The average citizen is simply a pawn to be duped so they can carry out those agendas. I hate feeling this way, but I fear our politicians have jumped the shark and their is little to no hope or willingness to return to "We the People".

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have the feeling Washington has always been the same.

10. JayVols

You could be right at least to some degree 53, but I don't think it's always been this blatant.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We've never had this much insight to the beast.

12. JayVols

Valid observation.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't believe it's an issue of Washington, but a reflection of its people.

We get the leaders we deserve.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Newt is a [ussy pay]cat if you meet him. He is an emotional guy.

15. JayVols

Haha. He's a master manipulator just like the rest of them. I find it so ironic that he pushed to impeach Clinton on ethics charges, then had his own ethics issues, but it's now ok since he wants to be President. Hypocrisy at its finest.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I agree with this.

But Newt is a symptom of its most serious problems -- capriciousness, arrogance and hypocrisy -- all rolled into one. I'm sure not going to reward the guy for it all.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hear what you are saying, but I think he was going after him because he lied about it to the American people and the courts.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He was going after him to position himself as the 2000 Republican candidate. But what did Bob Barr say at the time about throwing stones in glass houses?

19. JayVols

I understand what you are saying, but Newt has no qualms about lying to the public. It was political positioning just like Jo said. No politician has an issue with lying to achieve their agenda.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not surprised that Newt won, but am a bit surprised by the margin.

I'm also very surprised that that Evangelicals are flocking to him as much as they are. I probably shouldn't be, but I am.