Sports Illustrated piece on UT

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MaconVol, Feb 6, 2014.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the #1 take home from this is that Dooley was a farging incompetent moron

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Very nice read!

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

grossly understated in this article. i pray i live long enough for some one to write a tell all book on how utterly worthless he is and both the unintentional and intentional damage he did to the university of tennessee footbal program.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Great read. Nice to finally feel good on and after recruiting day.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Here is a Grantland article about same which I have not read.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Holly Anderson sucks, but it's nice to see Tennessee getting some more good publicity

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, I read the SI one first and could have been good there. I thought the Azzanni/Pearson story was interesting, so maybe just CTRL + F that and call it a day.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

heresy!

10. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

I wonder who had the designer Bible cover but acted like a witch on wheels?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She tries too hard to be cute and funny in her stories.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Staples is a great writer. Great piece.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

i don;t think she likes me. i made a possibly sexist joke to her one time on twitter.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think she's funny. she shouldn't attempt to do real journalism though. and i'm also convinced she's a porker, but hey that's another issue.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

that whole EDSBS crew, they get pissy if people don't treat them like "real journalists" but I don't think anything they do is "real journalism". I like some of it though, and some of it I completely don't get.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the main guy, spencer whatever, had a good year or two run where his blog was the funniest site on the internet. now he's just gotten weird. and no it's not real journalism. it's kind of like the daily show.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

her husband also wrote an article on grantland, the jist being he was a rich kid, quit his job to travel, didn't get any insurance during that time, had some leg injury which his new insurance wouldn't pay for 6 months because it was a preexisting injury, his rich parents paid for it, and therefore he's a key example why America needs universal healthcare. I get the general impression rich out of touch liberal is 100% of grantland's staff see bill simmons who's father has had Celtics floor seats for 50 years and calls Michele Obama "breathtaking."

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I've always had them pegged as a bunch of Woody Allen-loving lefties.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I follow Spencer on twitter, and he's hilarious. I only pop into his blog every so often, and I don't always get it, but it still has his moments. Also, for a site so focused on humor, the dude knows his football.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

My favorite NBA studio moments are when Simmons throws out some halfassed nonsense he believes to be profound basketball knowledge and looks to Jalen Rose for affirmation and gets a look of disgust in return.