Sports Illustrated piece on UT

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MaconVol, Feb 6, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you read the ESPN book "these guys are having all the fun" he comes off as a complete egotist and *******. guys whole career has been based off of "regular fan" obvious observations and many times irrational "feeling" observations (like he actually believes you have hot and cold dealers at the blackjack table) mixed with pop culture references. somewhere down the road the success (much of it which was right guy at the right time luck) went to his head and he started believing he was some sort of genius and that these observations were unique and special.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Whenever someone starts telling me what an ******* Clay Travis is and how overinflated his opinion of himself is, I tell them to check out Simmons. He makes Travis look humble and grounded.

3. hatvol96

The Book of Basketball is one of the most overhyped pieces of shit in literary history.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

never occurred to me it could be anything, but garbage. I don't claim to know basketball, but I do know that guy knows jack shit about football. I particularly enjoyed it when earlier this year he was saying that ej manuel was the next Russell Wilson and praised how great he was in college. it's perfectly obvious that this guy would watch a clippers/cavaliers game over say the SEC championship game.

5. hatvol96

I love when he tries to educate guys like George Karl and Mike Fratello on what they don't know about the strategic elements of the game.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"LeBron james is like the cobra kai!"

7. hatvol96

He acts like he's the new age Bob Ryan when he's really a poor Dennis Miller knockoff.