Spring Practice Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nothing wrong with what he said.

Anybody notice our team seemed to play a little lower? OL seemed to try to fire off lower, instead of standing up and looking around like the lights just went out. DL firing off the ball and attacking the OL. Phillips looks like he is ready to make an impact.
    We need DK, Bituli and JJ Peterson. Middle of the field was too open
    I didn't think cb's looked that bad, considering the expectations of most. Callaway went up and got his and made a play. Buchanon has put on some weight. Osbourne looked like he knew the scheme. Alontae looked like a natural to me.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sapp

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can't seem to find a highlight video of yesterday. Anyone had luck? I didn't get to watch it all live.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just not that concerned with what Pruitt thinks about the Spring Game attendance. People will show up when they're given a reason to think it is a championship team. Pruitt can say whatever about it.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don’t think he realizes how close the fan base is to completely packing it in. At least that’s where I am.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I don't think the vast majority are close to packing it in. They supported Butch and Dookey for far too long.

TangoUniform likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think that people are in show me mode. Finally. That’s the mood I am seeing on twitter and even volnation. I may have selective reading though.

9. Ssmiff

Some fans will always quit. While more alumni add every year.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not as many are graduating as fans as used to be. And my guess is that the 20-somethings who can't remember a nationally relevant Tennessee team will be the first out the door.

Poppa T likes this.
  11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

His comments were much more benign than Rucker's tweet implied. How they've been misconstrued so badly is ridiculous.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Because a certain % of people will always get their feelings hurt and [itch bay]

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree. I was surprised when the full text was posted. That said, he still calls Alabama "we," and for some reason he wouldn't acknowledge fans at the Vol Walk, yesterday which seemed a little sophomoric to me. Like I said, still trying to figure out whether there is a method to this guy's madness or now.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We had the 5th highest spring game attendance.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I don't think some of the older crowd realize how historical irrelevancy is going to suppress the creation of "lifelong fans." No one who has graduated in the past 8 or so years has seen more than a handful of "big wins," and even then, that's getting generous with the label "big win."

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I don't take exception with what he said after seeing the full quote. But I don't want any hint of the AD feeling entitled to fan support after destroying this football program over the past decade.

A-Smith and chavisut like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Fulmer didnt destroy the program

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He’s far from blameless.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Was speaking more in general terms.

Ssmiff likes this.
  20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Meant department, not director. IYAM JMO GBFO

Ssmiff and A-Smith like this.