Spring Practice Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Rucker is an idiot and the fact that he would throw something out there taken out of context like that has me questioning his motive.

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

to me, it feels like Pruitt (thus far) is the polar opposite of jones... Pruitt seems to be a negative motivator (based on the limited stuff I've read)... and I'm not sure he's so much negative as he is a realist. either way, it doesn't bother me. whatever it takes to wake these [itch bay]es up, I'm in favor of it. .... Nick Saban sure as shit isn't a sunshine pumper, and I bet his practices are hella fun.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If they were to win 10 games this fall, a bammer could count the number of Tennessee fans that will care one bit about what was said this spring. They dont even have to win that many. The point is, as always, winning cures everything.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I liked some things I saw Saturday. I also realize that what we saw Saturday won’t look anything like what we will see next fall, when transfers and freshmen and injured players return. I liked the way the oline looked as far as showing more technique than they’ve shown in years. I saw coaches coaching through out the game and that was a plus imho.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Memtownvol and Ssmiff like this.
  9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lol

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The way Rucker presented the quote, it was something that shouldn't have been said. He got more fans at his Spring game, and after a 4 win season no less, than nearly any program in the country draws. So it would be pretty crappy of him to complain about that. However, the comment he actually made doesn't appear like that was his intent. Rucker was being unprofessional. Hope he gets shunned from here on out.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Media doesnt have to be accurate about anything any longer. It just doesnt matter to them.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep, this is my concern as well.

All I can say is, they better get the program fixed and winning. All of us old geezer season ticket holders who have been going thru the good and bad times will soon be dying off. They need the next generations to be as loyal and all the youngsters have seen is suckage.

At least in that period btwn 1951 and 1998, we were winning against the likes of Note Dames, Miamis, (in their heyday), etc. We won the SEC and were competitive with bammer. The youngsters have seen us lose to fricking vandy multiple times!!

IP likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Loyalty is hardly even a usable word anymore. Whether business, personal or sports.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I understand what you are saying, but somewhat disagree.

In respect to UT, I am amazed at the loyalty the fans, alumni and students have shown thru the Decade of Dumbazzery. Standing up to the HoH during the coaching "search" was an example of that loyalty (imo). The University has taken our loyalty for granted for too long. They are on the clock. I think that Fulmer gets it and hope under his leadership we can rebuild that pride and loyalty.

I want my grandkids to experience what I have been so fortunate to experience.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, but I like that. I'm over the top sometimes too. Got to rattle these bars sometimes.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, loyalty doesn't just appear out of thin air. There has to be some reason for you to become loyal. For most of us, those reasons were 20+ years ago. For a lot of college-aged kids, they don't really have a reason.

18. Unfortunately, I completely disagree that "Fulmer gets it". I think Fulmer feels vindicated, and that is all he cares about right now. He is in over his head, and isn't self-aware enough to surround himself with people who know what they are doing. I fully expect that we get the AD version of the Fulmer we had his last decade as head coach - halfway doing his job and living on the past.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I get it that some don't think "Fulmer gets it" and will not succeed in providing the leadership we need and some of us do.

I am one that is optimistic that he can, and has the fire to, "Give his all for Tennessee".

I do not think he believes he has been vindicated by virtue of just being named UTAD. I think he knows that being named UTAD is only the 1st step toward any vindication and the road will not be easy.

I personally think he is up to the task. Hopefully, we all want him to succeed no matter what our personal bias for or against him.

20. Ssmiff

Well said. I simply think in general terms, we don't live in a time where loyalty is too big anymore. People are selfish and loyalty takes unselfishness.
    Spending the time and money to travel up there to get your as whipped is no fun, yet fans still show to tailgate, see old friends, and hopefully soon to see some good football. We keep expecting that to stop, with losing, prices, ability to watch on tv and save $1000, but it hasn't. Yet.