Starting QB

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jul 9, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe Guarantano starts.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, he's got the physical talent

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Also, if he gets some faith in the OL that they'll protect him, should help him. God know last year's OL play didn't do his confidence any favors.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Look at how well QBs performed once they got away from Butch. Peterman is, at worst, a 2nd strong NFL qb and Ferguson lit up teams at Memphis. Dormady will be fine too.

Now, imagine Guarantano making those improvements

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Most definitely.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Guarantano has far more ability than he has gotten to show thus far. I think his name will be tied to Pruitt in fan's minds forever, if Pruitt is actually going to turn this around.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I say Crompton, do you say Fulmer? Nope.

IP likes this.
  8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I hope they realize what they have in Jennings/Callaway. If they get single coverage deep, throw them the damn ball. Guarantano has the arm and few DB’s in the whole country are going to be able to wrestle a pick away from those two.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm good with handoff from under center, pa post or seam, repeat and dump to TE or RB if safety helps.
    Whichever qb can throw guys open a little. We havent had a QB that can see those passes in awhile. Guys dont have to be wide open to let it loose.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have had a string of them that could, judging from the careers of the transfers.

Talent has been around the whole time, even when in the moment it seems otherwise. Kiffin might have had the worst roster

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Kiffin didn’t have the worst roster

Eric Berry, Montario Hardesty, Chris Scott, Dan Williams, Jaques McClendon, Bryce Brown, Austin Johnson and maybe a few more all played in the league.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which was worse?

13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Dooley’s first year was pretty bad.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kiffin’s roster was weird, quite a few good players but the bums were legit bums

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was the one I thought about after kiffin's. But kiffin had two walk on starting on the ol. Guys starting with shredded knees. Was some real holes.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We didnt have an nfl dradt pick 3-4 years in a row, iir

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

So maybe jones' year Zero?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Horseshit. He had Bray, Hunter, Rogers and an NFL oline.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Butch's first year was terrible

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It really wasn't as bad as it seemed. He had the NFL OL you were referring to, but all grown up. Also potentially could have had Bray, Nathan Peterman, Riley Ferguson, and Josh Dobbs. I just had a thread on it.