Starting QB

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jul 9, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like Kiffin, Dooley, and Butch all started out with really bad depth on the DL. Crazy thing was that Butch recruited a gaggle of four and five star DLs and we're right back in the same boat for Pruitt.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Regardless, talent has not justified these sub .500 regular seasons

3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

You just named freshman. Butch’s first year had a better oline than Dooley’s first year.

2009 has 6 players drafted, 2010 had 2.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Year -2. Get it right.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

All his years were negative

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

im pulling for JG. Would show some character and make us better for a couple years at least, including in the locker room. I'm willing to let the pouting on the bench with 2 diamond earrings flashing go. Kamara can roll like that. Freshman backup doesn't need to, imo. He's always been able to spin it. Qb's in Butch system had way too much going on, which is part of the reason why so many look late to pull the trigger. I hope he balls out. If we can get man on the outside, he should be able to 3 step and throw it 50 to our weapons. He can throw the slant. Delayed routes with him staring down the receiver and standing still in the pocket can't happen anymore, unless he rolls to buy time.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Very talented freshmen that could have played anywhere in the country.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The defense was bad, very bad.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They held their own in about every game in which they weren't just completely outmatched. UF they got put in terrible positions early due to Peterman's 400 turnovers. Other than that game they did fine against everyone but the three top 10 teams that annihilated them and they even had one great game against a top 10 team.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It was really bad.

Few of those guys took off under Kiffin.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jacques will tell you Cregg and Browning taught him more in a year than the 3 previous

12. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The VQ staff all picked JG to start.

My opinion is that if Chryst at 6’5 240 can’t find the field this year he is awful.

I love that size for a quarterback though. If he starts and has a good year somebody’s going to draft this dude.

13. Ssmiff

didn't see him play at Stanford. Read a couple articles about bad games. it happens. Seems like he went like 14-4 or something as a starter. I'll take that right now

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

11-2 as a starter, 6-0 last year.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He handed the ball off to a slew of tailbacks and dinked and dunked all over the field off of play action. He created nothing, but he did play inside the offense well.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's the college equivalent of Trent Dilfer, which isn't a bad thing but Tennessee needs more than that right now from the QB spot

17. Ssmiff

Did standford have weapons like Callaway and JJ on the outside?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have Love and gigantic tight ends. They do have one big WR with a hyphenated name that I can't remember that won a lot of jump balls

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He was mediocre to bad at Stanford. They had good defenses when he was there and great rbs and good offensive lines. If he was good they would have won a lot more games. There’s a reason Costello, who isn’t great himself, passed him on the depth chart.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Arcega-Whiteside