State of the Union Address as a Wes Anderson Film

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 11, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Liked the Jackson Browne song.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Just another reason to hate Woodrow Wilson.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's gonna close Gitmo with or without congress, apparently.

Not sure that is even necessary. Just make sure everyone there has been given a real trial (don't care if military or civilian, just one concerned with facts and truth) and dealt with accordingly.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hard to disagree with that. Still I wish Wilson would have never started this dog and pony show back.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

May that piece of shit rot in hell for eternity!

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree with Jefferson that it was too kingly and has only helped to grow the office into the over reach that it has today.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Trump gets elected, I want to see "State of the Union if directed by Michael Bay".

11. OrangeEmpire

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Kentucky County Clerk that refused to issue marriage licenses to gay people is going to be there.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They just can't help themselves from hitching their wagons to these kind of stupid issues and people

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sharp contrast to the war heroes, war widows, small town heroes, etc. that are usually invited.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think the idea is to have her there to counter James Obergefell's attendance as a guest of FLOTUS. She is there as a reminder of the victims of the Obama regime. Allegedly.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama regime? Her trouble is from the supreme court.

17. OrangeEmpire

Why?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some people see her as a hero.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

One in the same, IP. Educate yourself. Seriously, though, with Obergefell there as a guest of the president I wouldn't be surprised if both sides give Obama way too much credit for the SCOTUS ruling. The president sees it as reflecting positively on his tenure, his detractors not so much. All sides want their visibility.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm sure he was never against it but I still don't want to give him credit for it since he opposed it till it was favorable