Steele Turns Dooley Down Again...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Per News outlets in South Carolina.

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

ya saw Basilio tweet this, it's embarrassing

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It's getting totally pathetic, guys.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who wants a ticket on a sinking ship?

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It became pathetic the moment Dooley was announced as the head coach.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Hat, is there any hope with this regime?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

They should have pulled the plug on this guy in November. It still isn't too late with the right hire.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

[uck fay]. I was really hoping the 8th could pool some cash and book the West Virginia marching band to invade Steele's press conference.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

But we don't really know even who has been offered or not. A lot of "turned down" talk is also coach speak.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Defensive coordinator apps available on iTunes? Dooley would try and download it and get an error message I'm guessing.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel like it's almost too late for that now. To make the change now worth it, UT would have to hire someone who has already won before.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In this case it means he was contacted and said "thanks but no thanks".

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's the only time it would ever be worth it. If we're not willing to do that, there's no point in getting rid of Dooley.

14. Oldvol75

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think I was clear. After next season, I think you can hire a guy like Strong and be okay. To make a change now, so close to signing day, would pretty much destroy this class, which was the purpose of hiring Dooley in the first place. The way around that is to hire a guy who has already won big. In other words, an unrealistic hire. I just don't think you can make a move on someone unless you can find a guy with a track record that would inspire instant confidence in the fan base right now. I'd rather make a change after next year than be stuck to a new guy who can't win for at least 2 or 3 years.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Gotcha, tvols.

18. Oldvol75

This part of the WSPA report has been removed since I posted the link to it:

The South Carolina News Network reports that Tennessee's search appears to be moving away from Steele after the two sides exchanged dollar figures, according to a source. According to the network's source, Steele gave Tennessee the dollar amount it would take for him to leave his current post and the school did not meet that number.

19. govols74n

govols74n New Member

20. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

This is so embarassing. How has come to this?