Stoops on SEC / Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 9, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

More recently than us.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12 and 14 years ago.

I'm not sure why that matters. Stoops talks shit about the entire conference as a whole. Pretty sure the SEC has won a few in the last 10 years.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

He's not gonna have a chance to run the score up

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Boom gbo vfl brickbybrick

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Manziel pattered that poos for him.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hope you're right.

I don't feel nearly as bad going into this one than I did going into Oregon due to personnel, but Stoops has an ax to grind. I do think they'll have to earn their points moreso than last year. We'll see.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No, Alabama, Auburn, UF and LSU have. That's his ****ing point. Programs win titles, not conferences.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I seem to recall a #1 ND team losing in the title game recently as well.

So one team each year is relevant? Ohio St has 10 BCS appearances. Oklahoma has 9. Notre Dame has 4. It doesn't get "bigger shit" programs than that, unless you are Alabama. If you want to relish in Alabama, go ahead.

9. InVolNerable

Notre Dame is 0-4 in BCS games getting outscored 158-57 (39.5-14.25/gm). '06 Fiesta was the game they scored the most and allowed the least (34-20) playing Ohio State.

I just wanted to put that out there because **** Notre Dame.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just wanted to reiterate this because **** Notre Dame.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Are you a prepubescent child? If not, the Catholics won't have it

12. NorrisAlan

I could shave, I guess.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fixed.

14. NorrisAlan

That made me laugh a lot harder than I ever would have thought.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Whose point, Stoops' or Cotton's? I'm pretty sure that Stoops is the one that makes it about an entire conference. The thread is titled Stoops on SEC / Tennessee, you know.

Quite possibly the most average number one team in college football history, I seem to recall that same Notre Dame team barely beating a bunch of average teams, backing into the championship game, and then getting their asses waxed, just as everyone suspected.

I am supposed to be impressed by Ohio State beating up on a weak conference every year and then getting their shit rocked in their bowl game? They are two and five in their last seven bowl appearances, and one of those two wins was vacated.

Oklahoma's record isn't much better, and with Texas being irrelevant for the past 8 or so years, the big 12 hasn't exactly been tough.

It's got nothing to do with "liking alabama" or any other SEC team or even supporting an entire conference rather than a team. I just have no respect for a guy who talks a bunch of shit that he can't back up. Hell, the SEC'S 4th or 5th best team each year could probably compete for the big 12 title every year.

16. cotton

So, back to the original question, then:

Who are big shit programs?

17. InVolNerable

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and more recently Texas A&M and Mizzou.

18. cotton

I like that list.

Also, Vandy in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What Stoops has said, always, is that people should quit putting so much emphasis on the SEC's conference schedule and look at programs and what they are doing on their own merit.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Alabama, Florida State, Auburn, LSU, and possibly even Florida, though they are on their way out unless they turn something around.

The conference has probably averaged 5 or 6 top 15 teams for the last however many years. Florida, UGA, USCjr., Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Missouri have all been up there at various times, and now the Mississippi schools are making a run at it. If the conference has that many top teams on average, why wouldn't you put emphasis on the SEC's schedule?

And I don't think that's all he has said.