Summer Practice is here!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 2, 2023.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We know Milton's a special physical talent. I'm optimistic, but we won't know until the lights come on.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Mays had surgery on something. Hoping to get him back for opener.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Speaking of Mays, Cade may get to start at RG for Panthers this year. I might even watch them some this year.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The confidence-level of the team since Heuple arrived has made me very happy.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think he is on track to come back but I think they may hold off until the Florida game.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm over here working while listening to Basilio's Alabama post-game and am getting dangerously hyped. DANGEROUSLY

zehr27, A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hooker was 21-30 in that game. We don't have to be [uck fay]ing perfect to win these games anymore.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no need to rush him back

zehr27 likes this.
  9. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

You both have to stop this, it's quite irresponsible to those of us with heart conditions...even living through the past 25 years.

IP, TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Encouraging tidbit from our head coach on Tennessee’s future at QB. High praise imo for just a true freshman.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Polynesian Peyton Manning

ole_orange likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just leave out the part where he goes 0’fer against Florida, a vintage Nebraska defense, and Memphis [uck fay]ing State and I’ll take it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If Nico can deliver a record like Peyton against bama and georgia, money well spent and Tennessee gets its Heisman winner.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If you're interested...

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Was hoping the young DBs could make an instant impact but sounds like we shouldn’t expect to see much of them. Hopefully the returning guys have improved significantly.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Banks has taken a hands on approach with the DB's this year so hopefully that helps. I think he has figured out Willie is basically useless.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am so amped for this season it is getting on the verge of being unhealthy. Also, as slow as it is getting here, I know it will be over with just as quickly, so I am trying very hard to enjoy the build up to the season.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you could pick one...

Willie Martinez or Larry Slade?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Slade recruited a little better but both are terrible options. Willie use to recruit well but he is lazy now.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, I've been thinking about it since I posted, and I just don't know. Slade caught a lot of grief 20 years ago, and Martinez is Martinez. I might choose Slade, but I think it's sentimentality talking.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.