Summer Practice is here!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If they play like the slobberknocking Tennessee/Neyland Maxims of old and expect to win, then we'll be allright.

There will be ups/downs and brain farts. But we will be allright.

I feel good.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He was pretty good every time he stepped on the field in 2022. QB1 is a different deal though

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He’s had time to learn under a genius and watch how to do it from the sideline. I don’t think much about his Michigan days as he was less mature and didn’t have an offense or coach like Heup setting him up with mismatches.

Poppa T and IP like this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He kind of finds himself in No Man's Land more often than Hooker ever did, but I also think the defense this year will provide him with a little more margin for error than Hendon ever got.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'm not as technically football smart like many of you.

From my "feelz" perspective it seems that we have a HC and staff that care about really developing/teaching the kids; maximizing their strengths and improving their weaknesses; and tweaking the system/options to the individual/team strengths; we have a basic offense/defense philosophy that we teach and recruit to, but we avoid the round peg/square hole syndrome with the system and the players.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

Along these lines, I suspect if the NCAA did something like narrowing the hash marks, Josh Heupel is a smart enough guy to adjust to it

NorrisAlan and Poppa T like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

Poppa T and warhammer like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think our running game is going to be the best it's been in awhile this year.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Hope the offensive line holds up

10SEvols likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I know it sounds weird but the two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive, depending on who you’re listening to that might be overrating him.

Milton by himself isn’t scary. If he played for Georgia or Auburn or South Carolina I’m not sure it looks a whole lot different than his time at Michigan. I don’t think it’s likely but Milton could win the heisman without actually being THAT good, Heupel is just going to be (I’m guessing) consistently putting him in a situation where he can just do the things he’s good at.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I am looking forward to finding out, not scared of finding out. I find that refreshing.

HCKevinSteele and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'm going to make sure I enjoy this journey more than I did in the 90's run. Heupel doesn't come with the baggage that Fulmer did.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hype video- 1990 Florida highlights accompanied by MC Hammer

Poppa T, justingroves and IP like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whew, Florida looked small.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

For Halloween, they should bring back out the original mascot costume. So scary. Glimpsed at 3:15ish, I guess there was overlap between original orange smokey and more realistic smokey.

warhammer likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

warhammer likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

geez. Don’t bring that out or we will have people complaining about it talking to kids.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s creepy but it’s no Oski

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They completely destroyed everyone on their schedule that season

20. Customtaco

Customtaco Member