Swain vs Sabanocchio

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Stupid + misguided + possible pedophilic tendencies does not a homosexual make.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If the kids are over 18?

3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I don't think that anyone is/was implying that to be homosexual is to be a pedophilic, just that he likely has personality traits of a homosexual -and- a pedophilic.

Bottom line, dude is creepy as hell.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oh I don't think he's realized it's not publically accepted at all. Otherwise he wouldn't be mentioning the number of Twitter followers he has to justify his importance. I think he thinks he's got a lot of "haters" who are jealous of his notoriety and that's why he gets shit. And if that sounds like something a crazy person would think I'd say well. . .

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There is absolutely no hope he'll ever understand that what he is doing is abnormal. That realization would have happened years ago if it was ever going to happen.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I honestly feel sorry for the guy.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd rather my 17 year old brother spend an hour in a sauna at a San Francisco YMCA than ever have a conversation with Sab. Ditto for my 26 year old brother. And my father. Hell, anyone I've ever been acquainted with.

8. OrangeBlood79

I was referring to him realizing that his open letter to Jesse isn't publically accepted. As for everything else, I agree...dude has no clue, nor will he ever.

I'm a callous bastard then, because I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. He has a sad, sad, sad existence, for certain, but it's his own doing.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course it is, which makes it all the sadder. But if it is a compulsion or something he is intellectually incapable of seeing as wrong (which this, at least, seems to be the case), then I do feel sorry for him.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why would you feel sorry for him? he's had ample opportunity to change his ways and all he has done is double down.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh he's been hilariously saying that letter was satire for years now.

12. OrangeBlood79

I simply have no compassion for his...condition. It's sad but, sad in a repulsive sense.

13. OrangeBlood79

Satire isn't supposed to make your skin curl.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as has been pointed out many times on this board, when he initially posted it, tons of the lemmings on VNation praised him for it. that would have been his opportunity to explain that he was joking.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I just cannot fathom the mingling of genetic predisposition, life experience, education and sheer lack of any awareness (self or societal) that makes Sab so clearly desperate for acceptance, and failing that, attention - any attention - which motivates him to do these things.

I just don't get it. I really, honest-to-goodness, there's not a hidden joke or jab in this statement - do not understand it.

He doesn't get paid to do it. He is widely ridiculed and derided for it. It's creepy and weird as hell.

Never has someone went so far toward such a misguided goal, and failed so miserably and consistently to attain it - and not by falling short or wide - but by exceeding it, than Sab.

It's like he resets the World Record for crazy, with every mention of his name.

I feel sorry for him from the standpoint that therr is no one in his life who can ask him to evaluate himself, and all of this, or worse, no one that cares enough to do so.

But it's self-inflicted, for sure.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the worst thing that happened to him on this was when some group gave him media credentials. It made is all seem possible. "So you're saying there's a chance..."

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he gets some positive attention for it and he's not a man who has gotten much in life.

I've argued this before though. You are absolutely right that he could put all this energy into getting an actual paying position doing recruiting. the average rivals or scout or 24/7 "reporter" or "analyst" worked for his college newspaper's sports section. you need no real qualification rather than interest and being willing to be paid poorly. I'm sure he could have found a job doing this by now if he put in the same effort he has building his twitter following.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not so sure. He probably has a high school education, which might make it difficult to be taken seriously. And his reputation for meddling with recruits was established early on. His plagiarism is also a big part of his game. Not sure he knows how to even go about actual first-hand reporting and information gathering.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh he certainly couldn't get one now. I meant if he was a normal person.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure why yall enjoy observing him so much