Swain vs Sabanocchio

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Feb 10, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why do people look at car crashes?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I dont

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are a better man than I then.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I guess for many it is like watching that really bad movie, like "Planet 9 from Outer Space". You know you shouldn't, that it is a complete waste of time, but you do anyway because it gives you a bizarre good feeling.

5. NorrisAlan

I try not to look at them, either. Not out of some moral code, but because I loathe rubberneckers who hold up traffic. Well, guess that is a sort of a moral code. But it is not out of some self-serving smugness. Well, maybe a little...

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't slow down, but I look at them. . .

7. NorrisAlan

I will be honest, I might take a peek, but I am worried I will see something that will haunt me for the rest of the day. I once saw a car on its side outside of Norris (441 crossing) and you could clearly see an arm that was pinched under the car roof. Turned my stomach. I don't want to see it.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Undoubtedly

9. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Therein lies part of my issue with him; he's the poster boy for plagiarism. If all the crap he spewed was at least derived from his own thoughts, he'd at least have that but, he pays for the information, disseminates it as if it's his own, and then proclaims he has "sources".

It's textbook attention-whoring, narcissism. It's as abhorrent as it is sad.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I glance. I refuse to let it affect my acceleration or speed as I pass it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes.

12. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

That's what I think it is, too.
    Surely we've all run across people like that... Sab is the kind of guy who, to me, seems to be a borderline-extreme introverted basement dweller in the real world... the same type of 40something guy who never moved out of his mother's house.... who has no real life friends, no real social life. ... maybe a severe case of asperger's or something. who knows?

his social life seems limited to the interwebz, which is the only way people can't judge him on tangible things like his looks, or his voice, or the way he smells, or the notion that he has a third arm coming out of his forehead, or whatever. the interwebz is where everyone can present himself as some helen of troy or adonis.

i honestly don't like classifying people as dweebs, dorks, tools, nerds, etc., but subjectively, it seems he's a guy that falls into that category... to where if he met somebody in real life who was nice to him once, he'd have made an awkward 'best friend for life' kind of thing. These kinds of folks seem to have certain, limited extreme passions in life around which their entire existence seems to revolve exclusively.

In sab's case, that's sports, and primarily (?) college football, and UT football at that. he probably wears a football helmet while he sits in the basement on his computer, thrilled about his "1000s" of twitter followers who are his "real life best friends in the world"... the interwebz is a place where he gets some degree of acceptance that he would never have in the real world. ... even bad press is good for him, because bad press is still some kind of press. and that's good enough for him because it makes him feel important.

i feel bad for that guy, but i really wish he'd find another hobby or figure out a way to control himself better..

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You should respond to them in an emergency capacity. I've seen almost everything (no decapitations thank God), but brains really are "gray matter" that resembles scrambled eggs.

Last one I worked had 3 fatalities in the car and a 6 month-old boy died in the helicopter on the way to the hospital. Drunk driver hit them head-on. When I closed my eyes to sleep I could see it all again. I knew it was time to walk away.

Anyway, back to the sab bashing.....

14. JayVols

Forgot this one:

Guy is in a late '70s model T-top Trans-Am with the glass out. He' s drunk. Runs out of the road, hits a culvert and flips the car. No seat belt. His waist was at the area of the T-top. His chest and head were crushed under the windshield as the car was upside down in the middle of the road.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

A plane crashed about 3 miles from my house today. I could see the smoke and fire but not the plane.

16. JayVols

I also have recoved bodies where they were in a home that was a complete fire loss. Nothing stinks like burnt human flesh, imo.

17. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I can say that I was able to read that letter when it was first posted

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm glad I couldn't smell that. It sounds like the worst thing to smell.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's both a millstone around his neck, and quicksand beneath his feet. He can no more remove than run away from it.

Try as he might, he can't deny and/or explain that away - it's the embodiment of all that is crazy and misguided about him - and it only gets so much worse, each time he attempts to do so.

You couldn't write a more devastatingly simple undoing, if you tried.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You guys have met him? In person?