Tajih Boyd Shares His Views About Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Jul 8, 2014.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Regardless of the coach, it's hard for a program to stay on top that long. While looking around at this kind of stuff, I stumbled upon the fact that Nebraska never lost more than 3 games in a season between 1969 and 1997. That is truly an amazing stat.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

A lot of factors contributed to that figure. The main one being that they had 7 built in victories every season. During that span they only had 6 or 7 great teams and 5 of them came from 93-97 when they finally found competent QB play and no longer had to build a one demensional, slow defense to stop the BIG8's prehistoric offenses.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I suppose you're correct even though it would be fun to argue the exceptions.

In Fulmer's case, instead of making the necessary changes to fix glaring flaws, (like a legit HC would) he took the Ron Prince route and tried to finagle long term deals from a poor AD.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Don't forget steroids

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's a major one as well. I'd rank that equally with their instate scholarship program, where they'd get a lot of decent sized kids and immediately redshirt them and put them on a 5 year strength plan where they'd have regimented cycles of steroid use.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I really hate Nebraska

Almost as much as Ohio State

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think Osborne is the greatest play caller in cfb history and I love Charlie McBride. Outside of that I think their run of success was largely a sham. Take '83 for instance, their schedule saw them play only 2 teams that won more than 6 games in the regular season. That was Jimmy Johnson's OSU team and Oklahoma. They won both contests despite being outplayed by their opponent. In fact, the Miami team that beat them in the Orange Bowl was fairly weak, especially by UM standards.