Taylor Swift 1, Apple 0

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

She's a sharp cat

3. OrangeEmpire

One of my favorites, Two Steps From Hell, followed immediately in line with her.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's funny that the company most beloved by urban liberal hipsters has arguably the worst business practices of any major technological company out there.

5. OrangeEmpire

Apple = rebels

6. CardinalVol

When I saw what she said, I wondered where this would lead and if others would follow.

I am surprised Apple cried uncle that quickly.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Taylor Swift has control over every female from ages 12 to 35 it seems.

8. CardinalVol

FYP

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah a PR war with her would not be smart. She'd just turn it into a number one hit song and win anyways

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was gonna say Apple just didn't want a [itch bay]y song written about them

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And also the music industry.

12. kidbourbon

She is. I don't love her music, but she's bright.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate Apple, and say the same thing you just did to any liberal I know who worships the fruit of original sin.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

When someone is right, they're right. Swift was right. While it doesn't affect established artists as much, it could be financial ruin for flash-in-the-pans, or small time acts.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The funny part is that he mocked and put down the same people that loved and made his company.

I think Microsoft being used for business was the cause as they were rebelling against the system.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, I like Microsoft. Are they perfect? Hell no. Do they pretend to be some sort of revolution? Nope.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And she can't sing a lick, imo.

Apple should have known better. I mean her writing songs to destroy every former boyfriend she's had should have been evidence enough that she is a vindictive [itch bay].

18. kidbourbon

I don't have any issues with writing songs about ex boyfriends. Whatever fuels the creative fire. Breakups are oft written about in songs for a reason.

I agree her voice is pretty average.

19. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I want a song. She can name me by name too.

20. kidbourbon

Just pretend 'Blank Space' is about you. She won't say your name, but she'll write it.

Also, I should note for full disclosure that even though I don't tend to like her stuff, I think that particular song is just fantastic. Just a perfect pop song. I also like "mean" a good bit, and the song about kanye west a decent bit. So I don't love her music, but I certainly don't *dislike* her music either.