Taylor Swift 1, Apple 0

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I want to see one where ISIS beheads Taylor Swift.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

That's not gonna do anything but increase her airplay. Dying was the best thing that ever happened to Kurt Cobain's career, as you may recall. Might be back to the drawing board on that one.

You ain't gotta like The Swizzle, but learning to live with her is going to be an increasingly useful skill on this earth because that girl isn't going away. I'll sort of reiterate what JQK said in that I think that writing the songs that she writes is something that comes very very easily to that girl, and something that she will be able to do for about 15 songs a year for the next 30 years...and without even much difficulty on her part.

It's her world. We're all just living in it.

3. hatvol96

I survived just fine without ever giving the first damn about Madonna. I'll do just fine wishing for Taylor's Swift demise.

4. hatvol96

I don't listen to music on the radio, terrestrial or satellite. It would, however, stop her catalog at the idiocy that is already out there and mean I never had to see her spewing faux intellectual nonsense about issues she knows nothing about. I'd call that a win.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

When she ages enough, she'll fade. That's the world women live in.

6. kidbourbon

I suppose that's fair enough.

7. kidbourbon

We're not talking about her sexual market value here, my friend. We're talking about her fame and relevance in the industry. Madonna didn't fade. Mariah is still putting out hits. How old is Gwen Stefani now?

Moreover, a female's star will burn out early if she's just the hottie of the month and that's the only reason why she was ever famous in the first place. That isn't the case with TS. I respectfully submit that she's an average looking girl, and so her not being a hottie isn't going to change the amount of music she sells, because she's never really been a hottie. She'll age as gracefully as her music will allow her to age, and if my prior hypothesis about her being able to write a collection of 15 songs before you can finish the NY Times crossword puzzle is even remotely accurate, she's gonna be on the airwaves for a long long time.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Britney didn't exactly sustain it after the looks went away.

As for Madonna and stefani how many hits did they have after they got old? Madonna had what one?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Swift is also a billion times more stable than her too.

10. kidbourbon

That's because Britney had, like, negative talent. See my second paragraph (which I added after initially posting just the one, to be fair).

11. kidbourbon

And that tiny, insignificant little part about Britney Spears having absolutely no talent whatsoever in any form.

12. kidbourbon

Madonna had a shipload of hits into her 50s.*

*ETA: close enough. Ray Of Light was a very successful album. See below.

13. kidbourbon

14. kidbourbon

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Your math is pretty bad right now, Kid.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Are you using a year beside 1958 for Madonna's birthdate? Surely you don't think she turned 40 in 1986 and that she is currently knocking on 70.

17. kidbourbon

Yeah, I was. 1946. I don't know how I looked at her wikipedia page and got that year, though. Actually kind of funny -- I should have realized I was wrong by how old it would make her.

She was 42 when she put out "Music", which was her last album that many would consider good. But to the extent some are arguing that people stopped listening to her songs not because they ceased being good but because her ovaries dried up like raisins, I think that's fairly ridiculous. Her ovaries were substantially unmoist in the year 2000 and that was her second best selling album. That's case closed. Drop a 'QED' on dat.