Teacher fired for telling the truth

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Mar 23, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/2...-suspended-for-racist-social-media-posts.html

Turner said Olson’s posts show he is “the epitome of a bad teacher” and a “white supremacist,” EAGnews.org reported.

According to the website, Olson wrote on Facebook, “Anyone care to explain to me the school-to-prison pipeline my colleagues and I have somehow created, or perpetuated, or not done enough to interrupt? Because if you can’t prove it, the campaigns you’ve waged to deconstruct adult authority in my building by enabling student misconduct, you seriously owe us real teachers an apology. Actually, an apology won’t cut it.”

"Phones and iPad devices, used for social media and gaming," wrote Olson. "There have always been rules for ‘devices,’ and defined levels of misconduct. Since we now have no backup, no functional location to send kids who won’t quit gaming, setting up fights, selling drugs, whoring trains, or cyber bullying, we’re screwed, just designing our own classroom rules.”

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm failing to see what I would consider to be even remotely racist in what was said. This statement...

...is pure grade A top of the line BS. These Black Lives Matter folks can't go away quick enough.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's probably because you're racist. - not my answer, but assuredly somebody's somewhere

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Maybe I am and it just hasn't dawned on me yet. I find the name "Black Lives Matter" to be racist. Perhaps my white privilege is clouding my judgement?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Same way that Trump 2016 is a microaggression at a few colleges.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Black Lives Matter chant- 'Pigs in a blanket." [uck fay] those pieces of trash.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I find the term white privilege offensive. Does that make it a micro aggressor? If it really pisses me off, would it be a macro aggressor?

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

They would be a bit more honest by changing their name to "ONLY black lives matter".

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If it's blatantly obvious it becomes less tolerable and harder to accept. Sure, they'd still have a following with it being "ONLY black lives matter" but it's subtle enough now for people to defend, excuse, and have white guilt over.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'll refrain from comment.

I need my job....