Tennessee and social media

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 20, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hating basketball should be a deadly sin.

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is what I’m trying to figure out.

I know being of average height and weight that I can’t play professional football or basketball, no matter how much tape I study, no matter how many weights I lift or drills that I run, no matter how much I study my opponent’s tactics or tendencies. There’s a certain level of athleticism or physical attributes needed to play sports at a high level. Most, not all, but most have a certain genetic predisposition to be a good to great athlete.

3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, but for a lot of athletes, there's a mental aptitude that's missing from those who make it and those who don't-- it's no different with games. I'd argue that there those who are physically more capable due to having better reflexes and coordination, but the mental awareness for games like League of Legends is what separates people. I'd definitely argue there's more game knowledge to be learned than most sports we watch.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's the same with video games. Some people have cognitive abilities and coordination that are just better than others. I don't think it was as recognizable with games a generation or two ago. Technology has improved to allow more gamers to reach their maximum level of competence on more games.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I haven’t played any of the newer games but that makes some sense.

Too bad nobody wanted to pay to watch me play Tetris, Tiger Woods 03 or GTA3. I’d be a zillionaire.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

College Football USA 96 here. I was unstoppable.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Just like with professional sports - most e-sports players are younger and you don’t see many once you get into your late 30s and above. Hand eye coordination and reaction time starts to slow down.

Even when I was younger I feel like I could’ve dedicated my life to trying to be great at a game like Rocket League, but I still never would’ve come remotely close to the top players in the world. It’s almost like they are playing a completely different game than me.

I don’t really enjoy watching the top players though. I tend to watch entertaining streamers over hyper competitive ones.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, yeah, not many past 30. Find me a cabinet with MK II in it, and let's see how many my 45yo ass loses head to head.

Probably enough to feel ashamed, but 20 some odd, almost close to 30 years ago I was unstoppable.

justingroves likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yet my sons cant get more than 5k on Galaga while i put my initials all over their Switch high score board getting to crazy challenging stages near 130k. Differently trained brains i guess

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Its unacceptable. [uck fay]ing owned by a tech school, not once but twice. Get him the [uck fay] out of my program

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Two in a row over Bama though. I say we give him another year w/o a contract extension

12. CardinalVol

Navy got the shaft. Simple as that.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did Navy get jumped?! That's amazing if a two loss UT got in so easily while undefeated Navy got jumped by Miami. But that schedule was ridiculous. #1 VT. #2 Michigan. Some other highly ranked team.

14. CardinalVol

By us and miami

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Think Navy had 1 loss.

Miami and Navy tied at .992. Not sure what the tie breaker is.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then they lost at the end of the season, because they were undefeated with a couple of weeks to go.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay]ing brilliant

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  18. CardinalVol

Saw that it was one idea. I like it.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He also said they’re in the process of registering every player to vote.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His best quote was about Tennessee's recruiting throughout this

"We had a plan, we had a pulse of what was happening around the country"

As in, we aren't tone deaf dumbasses