Tennessee and social media

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 20, 2020.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He’s probably going to leave after one year. Wouldn’t be the first time that happened to UT after shitting the bed against VT in a bowl...

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

100,000+ people tuned in to watch a guy play a video game.

No fan base can touch this fan base.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope we give him massive hell for leaving after 1 year.

1. he originally said he would stay 2 years and that is why he was recruiting
    2. He clearly threw the game after the way the SEC championship game was with friends, lots of celebrations, etc.
    3. His next team will be Wisconsin, if I am right.

Hope voltwitter hounds him without giving views forever.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I might be the only one but I had zero interest in all this coach duggs stuff

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Same

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He kept calling the same plays over and over. Also kept having his safeties play man on every play. There was one time when he rolled out and there was a receiver racing free and he just held the ball for ages and purposefully took a sack. Then he blamed the game.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

In college we damn near fist fought over who was going to play the next game. Nobody wanted to watch. I honestly don’t know how we didn’t kill each other some nights. 4 player Goldeneye probably saved some lives.

Now some people have over 100k watching them play video games. I don’t get it.

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

People want sports or something remotely close to it.

justingroves likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Streaming yourself playing video games so others can watch on Twitch or YouTube or whatever isn’t a new thing and it’s not necessarily related to a lack of sports.

My friend has a relative who develops games and routinely get 500k people watching him play demos and shit. Those are shooters and RPGs or whatever the kids call them.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Same reason millions tune in to watch 10 guys run around and try to put a ball through a hoop.

justingroves likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Which is?

12. NorrisAlan

They enjoy it and get pleasure out of it.

More in depth, it is finding someone that does something far better than you that you enjoy doing and being in awe of their talent.

I can play basketball, but no where near to the talent level of MJ.

Same for computer games.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you enjoy it, fine. The concept is foreign to me because, again, losing and having to give your controller up while others got to play and you watched was awful.

I watch Tiger Woods play golf because no matter how many hours on hours I put in on the range, I will never been able to do things he does on the golf course. We played Tiger Woods the video games for hours on hours to the point we could easily shoot in the 50s on even the hardest of course settings.

I feel like anybody can get good at playing video games with enough time but not anybody can be Tiger (or MJ). Tell me why I’m wrong.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

My little brother would watch stuff like League of Legends and Minecraft players for hours. I eventually asked him why he wasn’t just playing, and he said pretty much this exact thing. Plus he’d pick up tips and tricks that he could use when he did play.

I couldn’t sit there for hours and watch a video game, but it’s because the games are of no interest to me. The same way watching football was of no interest to him. But we bonded on the fact that we could both agree that anything on Bravo was total bullshit that needed to be wiped away in its entirety.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Because it’s entertaining to them.

16. CardinalVol

My son watches these two people play Minecraft online. I don't get it, but he finds it hilarious.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My middle one used to have minecrafters visit his town or something like that. His social studies teacher said he had no focus or attention to detail.
    Then after this parent meeting, he shows me this gated little city with multiple buildings and pizza places he owned, hunters, security, rooms to rent, etc. I was impressed. Hard to argue with a kid playing a game when hes doing something like that with it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i saw a tweet about it last night and I was surprised this was still going on. Seems like it has been played out

19. CardinalVol

Same. Mine loves to build stuff, so we don't say too much. And it's a lot..................safer.......................than other games out there. I mean, he's got a video game limit, but I don't mind if he plays that at all.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

Anyone can get good at golf. Not everyone can be Tiger.

Anyone can get good at basketball. Not everyone can be MJ.

Same reason not everyone can be Kasparov at chess.

Anyone can get good at League of Legends. Not everyone can be whoever the best is at it in the world (Looked it up, it seems to be a guy named Faker). It takes eye hand coordination, reflexes, aptitude at knowing what your opponent is going to do, etc. There is a reason these guys are always at the top of the rankings, and some joe schmoe from Maynardville isn't.

I hate basketball and never ever watch it. But I understand why people do.

Why do you think anyone can be just as good at a video game as someone else?

cpninja likes this.