Tennessee History Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, Dec 14, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

While he most likely would be appalled from the viewpoint of a layman. Looking from his scientific viewpoint, he could see it as the natural progression of a conquering race's invasion and occupation. Been an oft repeated scenario even with the Israelite's taking the "Promised Land".

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think Darwin really applied that type of biology to humans, as noted with his complete abhorrence to slavery and treatment of indigenous people in South America. Also, it's important to note that the Cherokees were, by far, the most Americanized group of Indians. They did everything, culturally, that the American government required of them, such as owning land (and, some, slaves), having a written language, farming with correct gender roles, building churches, etc., etc. Not only that, but the Cherokees did a very rare thing in fighting back against the U.S. government for Indians at that time. They used the court system. Yet, it still wasn't good enough to get dispossessed of their land.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How were those guys stealing, though? I mean, I get people don't like taxes and have certain opinions regarding this, but there's still a viable mechanism for what they did. Where did Bush, Obama or anyone establish a policy that deliberately took something from citizens in the manner of the Indian Relocation Act?

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The massive entitlement programs the past few Presidents have saddled my children and (as yet unborn and unnamed) grandchildren with in the way of unfunded (and unconstitutional) mandates have very much robbed them of a significant portion of their future earnings... That's a whole 'nother disagreement though, I'm sure... I don't necessarily agree that ALL taxation is theft, but what's been going on the past several decades in the way of income redistribution is most definitely theft.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. Social Darwinism is not Darwinism.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That I didn’t shoot Henry Clay and I didn’t hang John C. Calhoun - Andrew Jackson