Tennessee vs Austin Peay

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Sep 4, 2023.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They were awful but it's no excuse

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton looks that bad against Florida, he'll get yanked for Nico

CitrusCo.Vol and zehr27 like this.
  3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Did we take a single deep shot tonight? I feel like we didn't.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

19 screens

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We played like shit, but our offense turned into bubble screen trap run after the first quarter. I can only believe that Heupel just said [uck fay] it and wanted to get the game over with.

When they pulled within 10, our next series was a machine like drive.

Not excusing anything, and it might be some copium, but I think we will be ready for next week.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If that happens, you can’t go back. I am not disagreeing with you but I am pretty sure Nico would make enough plays to make it clear.

7. TDVol1989

No but on the play we obviously were trying Milton got sacked almost instantly

8. TDVol1989

I think about UF going for it on 4th last year and how that AP coach reminds me of Shane. And I worry that we don’t have the efficiency to get through it. I remember UF giving us their game of the year more than once. If we beat the Gators I think Wright and Beasley have to bail us out. Joe will have to run.

Tar Volon likes this.
  9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Won’t be shocking if it happens at some point this season.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Milton should have to win the job this week. That was inexcusable.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Because they kept 9 on the line and sent guys from everywhere. Know what stops that? Having a QB that a defense respects.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think there’s some truth to this, but at the same time…we’re going to have to execute something other than a screen at some point. If we don’t have confidence in working through the kinks against Peay, how are we going to do it in SEC play.

TDVol1989, A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Milton is a 3 and out machine.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Chuck this sack of shit in the [uck fay] It Bucket and get ready for UF. Do what we should do down there and this is forgotten about.

That said, as happy as I am that Joe stuck around and is getting his shot, if it doesn't click for him in Gainesville it's time to move on to Nico. He's likely only on campus for three years and we can't have him sitting behind average QB play.

Edit: I'd have him on a short leash next week, too. Florida is bad enough that Nico could win us that game.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If I'm not mistaken, UF will be the first true road game that Milton has started for us so the potential is there for a complete meltdown.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Copium is a helluva drug

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. TDVol1989

And everyone knew it was our typical go deep situation. I think we have been scouted better this year. And without clean execution we could struggle. But jeez we can’t drop the ball

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just keep running it. Wright and small avg 9 and 7 ypc. Make the safeties come up

OneForVol likes this.
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I watched his comments after the game. He was lobed softball after softball. Why can't anyone ask the questions that we want answers to (i.e., Coach, Why does Joe throw 98 MPH fastballs slightly behind receivers; why can't you get him to throw with a little more finesse?)

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I noticed that too.

The questions that were asked were shameful.