Tennessee vs Iowa Play-In Game

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will allow it as evidence.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The puzzle piece that people are missing is that Martin isn't happy here. If he can find someone to pay him remotely close to his current salary here, he's going to walk on his own.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

A sweet sixteen and ride off into the sunset would be evidence for a god

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

is this person out there? he's probably not too out of reach for a lot of places with what he's making right now, I guess.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't blame him for being unhappy. He's underachieved and fans were clamoring for the guy Tennessee fired to come back and replace him.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm assuming he isn't happy because he doesn't feel like he isn't getting a lot of love from the fan base?

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

listening to the Drive, and some guy who professed his love for Bruce while admitting he cried watching Bruce's press conference, ended his call with "go Hawkeyes". entertaining call

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Screw that guy

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Why? Simply because a bring back Bruce petition? Or pressure from the AD and boosters.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I can't really blame him. There's no other coach in America that can win at his level - but is also fun enough to rip off his shirt in the locker room after a win at Rupp, grope Erin Andrews, go paint his chest orange for a game and show up to a pep rally with grillz, an orange checkered blazer with no shirt and a big chain necklace. And he actually wants to get T'd up.

11. CardinalVol

He's making 1.3M. What is remotely close?

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This would make a lot of our fans happy, and I understand why. But UT doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to replacing coaches who left of their own accord. I just hope that if this happens, it doesn't lead to a basketball version of Bamboo Boy coming to Knoxville.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well I feel like the options are good right now - and unlike last time - (we are still coming off a tournament appearance) the NCAA violations are looming over our heads... downside is roster will be complete shit assuming Stokes leaves. Steal Bruce away from Auburn after 2 weeks.. no contract in place yet anyway - will be the story for the ages and piss off Auburn faithful to the max.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Any chance that Painter is let go this year? My best guess is that he would have to leave on his own.

15. CardinalVol

If he loses tonight, I'm not entirely convinced there is a year 4.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Memphis will not fire Pastner.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They're talking about Matt Painter, the Purdue coach.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol - good grief - I can't read. I was wondering why they would think Memphis would even want Cuonzo.

That would be awesome... Cuonzo would be their #1 candidate.. and we wouldn't look so terrible if he left for his alma mater.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm assuming this is because of perceived unfairness by the fans (because I'm fair sure it isn't because of actual unfairness)? Is this something that we should be concerned about scaring off future coaches? If not, I'm okay with it, even though I want Cuonzo to succeed.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bruce isn't in Knoxville campaigning for the job so that helps