Tennessee vs Iowa Play-In Game

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2014.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Tennessee finds a way to screw these games up. I'll watch and hope they don't.

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Martin needs to go, if losing tomorrow assures he is out then I'm all for him losing.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's kinda where I'm at right now. It's not like we're going to win the ****ing thing.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it's a terrible place for a fan to be. i'd love a tournament run but I just don't believe it'll ever get better than what it is right now

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Dooley flashback

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm pretty skeptical that Cuonzo would be fired regardless of Wed./Fri. outcome, or that we'd hire anyone worth a damn. Might as well enjoy? the ride.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Who cares about making the damn tourney if you aren't a threat to win the whole thing. This is Martin's GOAT team and our ceiling is the sweet 16 - and that will take some serious luck to get that far.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

From everything I have heard regardless of what happens tomorrow he has a 4th year at UT.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

holy crap, that sucks balls.

10. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Any chance he makes a miracle run past the first weekend and a solid school offers him?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Par for the course with the clowns we have in charge.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Best case scenario at this point.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm hearing conflicting. Then again, my track record hasn't been great, so I'd not trust me.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

well that sure is exciting

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

on Tony's show he says the big money is not happy. I can only hope they actually try to get a good coach. there's no reason for them not to, facilities, arena, and a fan base that will show up to games.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Talked to a guy that I know is extremely connected today and he wouldn't commit that Cuonzo won't be returning, but he seemed to express some doubt if we lose to Iowa.

17. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Losing to Iowa in the pretend tournament would only be a fraction of the backlash the AD would get if we lose to Pearl next year with Counzo at the helm.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That makes sense given the admin. I just don't see them pulling the trigger at this point.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If/when martin makes a run to the sweet 16 and gets a 3 year extension, may I cite it as evidence that there is no god?

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You may convince me.