POLITICS Thanks, Mike.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 24, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It isn’t right or wrong, but rather a continuation of the problem or not.

If you want better politicians, vote better.

warhammer likes this.
  2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Show me a better politician

3. fl0at_

Look inward, and then outward. They are there. They just might not be on the little machine.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I was back in Knoxville for two weeks this month. My roommates and I don’t have cable so very few local political ads make my screen. The local races there are wild. I guess the consultants concluded that you have to say you’re with Trump and the wall.

Given what I know about Randy Boyd I was a bit taken aback when I first saw one of his ads.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The wall talk from people running for governor of Tennessee really gets on my nerves.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Hell, it annoys the piss out of me in Texas.

In particular, the Senate candidate with the tag line “My name is Kathleen Wall, and I will build that wall!” with her mousy annoying voice.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Have y’all seen the Kemp guy from Georgia? If not, YouTube him. I thought it was just a guy halfheartedly running for governor. He’s now the Republican nominee.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Those are some great ads. And he actually seems like he has some personality.

I love the parks and rec episode that the Congressman is a dumbass that can just turn off it on for camera and just stares at the wall anytime else.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess it's from my wife working in politics for so long, but ever single politician is a piece of [uck fay]ing garbage. Every. Single. One. One more time, Every. Single. One.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have a few I trust but you are pretty damn spot on.

12. fl0at_

Politician isn’t a placement. If we have garbage politicians it’s our fault for creating them.

If you decided today to run, and somehow won, would you be garbage?

It’s not the people. It’s the people voting for people.

What about elected judges? Garbage to the one?

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I would absolutely be garbage. I know with 100% certainty, I would take the first envelope of cash someone offered me.

And, judges are political too. You know people, companies, and PACs contribute to them too. A judge will show you how big their [penis] is in a second, or let their friend's son off easy for that quarter ounce of weed.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I feel like this is the second Campaign movie trailer

15. fl0at_

So your belief is that all people are garbage, or that all people of power are garbage?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yes. You have a price, just like me. All people will at some point abuse their power, especially when their power was based on winning a popularity contest

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't believe that for a second. I believe there are good people in office, that there are people that want what is best for their neighbors and themselves as well.

Perhaps I am just not that jaded about humankind.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maybe at the city/town level

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess maybe I've only paid attention to the ugly stuff in politics. If you ever get a chance to see the behind the scenes stuff, you'll lose a lot of faith. Between my wife working in Miami-Dade politics, and me working for a municipality, I've seen stuff that makes me hate all politicians

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Never watch sausage and law being made."