The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

@emainvol or any other longtime AEW watcher, did the Rhodes heat start with the Black angle or was it festering before?

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Not really the person you're reaching out to but I believe it started with Rhodes and his wife being the most unlikeable phonies on the planet who've tried to use AEW as a springboard towards celebrity

chavisut and justingroves like this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There’s a lot of people that don’t like him, but he’s always been heelish and the Black angle was where it became pretty noticeable.

He was a total babyface for a good while, but I think a lot of it is just Cody-fatigue, and a lot is the perception that he doesn’t put people over (which I would argue).

I think he’s just a good heel

chavisut likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I can’t really argue the last part but I don’t blame them either.

The first part. I’ve met the guy a couple times and he came off as very genuine and likable, and great with fans. He’s certainly got a bit of cockiness to him but didn’t really see him as phony in the least. Can’t speak for Brandi as I haven’t had any interaction with her. Grain of salt as that is from two encounters, one brief and one somewhat lengthy one. Both were before AEW got going.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Okada more or less throwing down the gauntlet for Punk and Danielson is the kind of shit 2022 needs

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Good god, Hangman and Danielson have had two absolute bangers

chavisut likes this.
  7. chavisut

So glad they gave that match a pinball.

Also, that looked bad for Rey Fenix.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, feel bad for the guy. That was a relatively tame spot for him, and he completely [uck fay]s his arm.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Looks like a dislocated elbow for Fenix

10. chavisut

TBS tourney was fun but interested to see where they go from here. Screen time is limited.

Rosa v DMD is needed.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cody is gone from AEW

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And back to WWE.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is it officially done yet?

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No I don’t think it is, but basically everyone thinks that’s what it will be.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be crazy if it's all a work

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Would be genius if Khan pulled that off.

justingroves and emainvol like this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If he’s going to WWE, that’s got to be a monster contract, at least if it’s true that he ultimately left because he was still sore about TK taking booking power from him

Two things. 1) AEW’s booking is far better under Kahn than under Cody and co, because he learns from stuff that doesn’t work so he doesn’t just repeat the same mistakes over and over.

2) If booking is a reason, well, he’s sure not going to have any power in WWE, so it’s all $$$. And hey, go get paid. Hopefully they don’t do Stardust bullshit with him again. Undashing Cody Rhodes was actually good stuff, more shit like that can work for him.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Rumors abound that KO and Stone Cold are going to have a match at Wrestlemania.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Dave Shoemaker is as connected as anybody in pro wrestling and he said on his pod, The Masked Man Show, it’s definitely not a work.

Great show by the way, so if y’all have time, check it out.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

KO will bump his ass off for him