The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am a Punk fan but he does need a chill a little.

That said I’ve seen more than one report than Perry started the whole altercation, so I dunno.

justingroves likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Everyone is saying Perry started it. If I own a wrestling company and have to choose between Punk and Luke Perry's son, it's an easy choice.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it all stems from everyone saying "don't [uck fay] with glass, you idiot" and Perry using glass and making a comment to the camera, fire him.

I understand why they all have the indie darling chip on their shoulders, but you all made it, let it go

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s a common denominator in all of these back stage blowups, fights and drama and it ain’t Luke Perry’s kid.

chavisut likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You cater to the moneymaker

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody is bigger than the company. Ask Vince.

chavisut likes this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

upload_2023-8-28_16-59-7.png

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shawn Michaels disagrees

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How do you figure?

Do the Ultimate Warrior next.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The curtain call, losing his smile, getting his ass kicked by a bar full of marines, drugs and he never lost top billing.

Khan has [uck fay]ed himself by having immature jackasses as EVPs and letting their buddies do dumb shit to their biggest draw.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’ve seen reports that Punk did.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I forgot that HHH had to take the fall for the Curtain Call, so that’s a fair point but he had to vacate the IC belt to Dean Douglass after the bar thing. And I’m pretty sure during his “losing his smile” promo he vacated a belt too. He also briefly left the company after the promo about an affair between Bret and Sunny led to a backstage fight with Bret.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ve seen both.

I think Punk probably needs to remember that a lot of these guys are doing the exact same stuff he used to do

I also think that some of these younger folk need to quit coming at Punk just to come at Punk

So there’s blame to go around

chavisut likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But to Dooz’s point, here we are talking about Punk after a spectacular show in which he was the 5th most important figure at best

justingroves likes this.
  15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Nobody is without fault in this but a majority falls on Punk and Khan IMO. Seriously, it’s a laundry list of people that Punk has beef with and I’m a smoke and fire believer. I say this as a guy who literally started watching AEW because of Punk and had no idea who the Elite were.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wtf this is like koko b ware leaving town and coming back in a mask

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Was saying this to a coworker earlier today. I didn’t watchthe show personally, but by all accounts it was a success. I don’t know if I believe the gate numbers being thrown around by AEW, but they sold a lot of tickets.

But, yet again, CM Punk couldn’t make it about anybody but himself. If Kahn want to win control of the locker room back, he’s got to get rid of Punk.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ll say this also. Now that The Bloodline has more or less wrapped up, MJF and Cole is the best storyline in wrestling

chavisut likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The problem is that, while there is blame to go around, Punk has now has demonstrated he’s a hot head so he becomes a target for every guy looking to make a name for himself or boost his profile. And anything involving Punk will grab the headlines no matter how good the show is.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think they’re done. I don’t know how it ultimately ends but it’s not over.