The Andy Griffith Show

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 19, 2014.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

:clap:

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I remember when Timothy McVeigh's prison letters became public and he was even commenting on how The Simpsons had became increasingly stale and should be taken off the air.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

In Living Color and That 70s Show were both better too.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did anyone suggest Seinfeld?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Serenity now!

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

But first the airing of grievances

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

#getsit

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I have never seen an episode of TAGS, which is obviously mostly due to my age, but I probably should get around to it at some point.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm a fan of the twilight zone and TAGS.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Serenity?

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'm hopelessly addicted to Twilight Zone. Pretty sure I've seen them all more than once.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Good show, but not enough episodes to warrant being considered the best of all time.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Gunsmoke, now we're talking good TV. Twilight Zone, Lost until it really got weird, Sienfeld, Mash, Perry Mason, Combat.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Any list of good TV shows that doesn't include House and 24 is incomplete, imho.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can Big Bang Theory get an honorable mention for now? I know it's not a classic yet

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

It's hard for me to not say TAGS is the greatest show of all time. I was born in 80 so obviously it was before my time but my dad got me hooked at a young age and I've saw all the B&W episodes multiple times. I've watched the color episodes but mostly can't stand them as it's just not the same without Barney.

I've got several favorite episodes - The Christmas Story, Citizens Arrest, Goober takes a Car Apart, Haunted House, Those Gossipin' Men, Barney and the Choir, The Bank Job. I think I have a 3 way tie for my favorite though - A Case of a Punch in the Nose, The Pickle Story, and A Sermon for Today.

All in all, 90% of the episodes are mostly brilliant IMO. There's only a few of the B&W episodes where I truly don't much care for them. A couple come in season 1 where they are just getting their feet under them and then I've noticed several of the episodes that focus on Aunt Bea never were my favorites. That may be a bit odd since The Pickle Story is one of my all time favorites and focuses largely on Aunt Bea's pickles.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

that show is garbage and not even remotely funny

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the best show right now is Longmire, but it must not be too big of a hit. I never hear anyone talking about it.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

First four seasons of Burn Notice is probably my favorite show of all time.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm a huge fan of Bruce Campbell.