The Assassination of President Kennedy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 14, 2013.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've said this in another thread on this subject, but visiting the School Book Depository Museum in Dallas removed all doubt for me. Anyone with novice gun skills could make the shots Oswald was tasked with making, at least from my vantage point.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I love that they used the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) in Oak Ridge to put to rest the Zachary Taylor assassination conspiracy theory.

Unless...those scientists were in on it too...never trust government neutrons.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Oswald's story is so incredibly fascinating, and multilayered, as to defy the imagination.

One of the greatest tragedies of JFK's life and presidency, from a historical perspective, is that so much of it has been lost or overlooked, in the wash of sensationalism and the din of conspiracy.

There is so much more there, for both figures, that has been left unexplored, as to boggle the mind. Both were so much more complex - and altogether entirely human - than the small and comparitively neat scene played out in Dealy Plaza, and the few days that followed.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I think a lot of people forget JFK and his service in WWII.

Skippering a PT Boat in the Pacific = badassery.

5. Tenacious D

I was standing in line at Wal-Mart last night and saw two people ahead of me who were thumbing some publication that shows Oswald on the autopsy table, with the headline "Oswald's Body Is Not in the Grave!".

I thought, this must be how IP feels when he sees someone buying a bible.

6. Tenacious D

Case in point:
    JFK's actions following the sinking of PT-109 are absolutely nothing short of heroic. However, his (in)actions that lead to the crash could easily have lead him to courts-martial.

A PT boat has no more business being cut in half by a Japanense destroyer than a fighter plane being rammed by a 747.

7. Tenacious D

Guess who was in DC and scheduled to meet with JFK at the White House upon his return from the Texas trip?

The three men from the Soloman Islands who took his message (scrawled on a coconut shell) past the Japanese lines to Australian forces.

8. OrangeEmpire

I blame Cliff Robertson!

:rolleyes:

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you beat me to it. if he wasn't his fathers son i'd bet he wouldn't have come out of that as a hero.

10. OrangeEmpire

Body of work, imo.

Halsey had wtf moments as well and is a celebrated hero.

11. Tenacious D

Curious sort-of-topic-related piece of trivia:

Jacques Lowe was tasked with being JFK's personal photographer, and had unlimited access to him as both candidate and later as President. If you see any shot of JFK that isn't blatantly official / for campaign purposes, chances are that it was shot by Lowe.

Decades after his death, many photos still had not been made public. The negatives were kept locked away, in a fireproof safe at the WTC, and were later destroyed during the attacks on 9/11.

12. Tenacious D

Speaking of trivia about JFK related pictures. Several months ago, many of Dave Powers' (one of the original members of the Irish Mafia, personal aide to President, etc.) JFK-related memorabilia went to auction, and I was fortunate to purchase several lots, including dozens of photographs.

A few months later, I was reading Chris Matthews "Jack, " and saw that the book included one of the photos from my recent purchases. While the picture is cited on the page (#25), there is no listing of either its origin / ownership in the Photo Credits. Obviously, they selected the photo well before I purchased it, but I do own it, now.

Check this out, the original page and the Photo Credits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Tenacious D

Allegedly.

You were allegedly in Memphis on that day.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I could shoot well at age 6.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

JFK died of a gunshot. No mention of being crushed by a 6-7 year old manchild's bare hands.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I was afraid of vampires.

17. Tenacious D

OV can make someone's head explode just by wishing it.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whenever I hear someone start saying "Yeah, that's what they want you to believe!", I immediately think of my motto on conspiracies:

If the government cannot even cover up a simple break in at a motel without huge leaks to the press, there is no way they could do XXXXXXX, where XXXXXX is aliens, moon landing, JFK, school shootings, mind control, fluoride, Elvis, etc, etc.

Why some people need a cabal behind random events just goes to show that we humans still fear the panther lurking in the dark of the jungle.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Prove it.

Start with bassman.

20. Tenacious D