The Assassination of President Kennedy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 14, 2013.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Back...and to the left.

Back...and to the left.

Back...and to the left.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm actually not interested. My current mentor said it was worth reading so I did. Pretty compelling from a ballistics guy who really had no agenda.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I still say he's alive and living with Tupac and Biggie.

4. JayVols

Elvis, imho.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Elvis is in Tupelo at a slot machine. JFK and his crew are on an island somewhere busting out some rhymes.

6. JayVols

That would be difficult for him. He doesn't pronounce "Rs" when he should (air = ayah) and does pronounce "Rs" when they aren't theyah (Cuba = Cuber). Even Marshall Mathers (or is it Mahshahl Mathahs?) couldn't work with that.

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Not falling for it.

9. Tenacious D

I withdraw my recommendation.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Just not a topic I care about. He's a really bright, no-nonsense guy that I respect immensely. He said it's compelling, so I read it. It's pretty damn compelling, but quells conspiracy and supports accidental shooting by a bumbling replacement.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can you provide some details? If you say it's compelling I'm, uh, compelled to believe you, but it seems improbable. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying a Secret Service agent just accidentally fired a stray shot, or actually fired and connected with the President? Seems unlikely that a highly trained guy would make the double error of pointing a firearm at the man he is sworn to protect and accidentally discharging it. Also seems like more people would have noticed this guy shooting or that the ballistics would be obviously different than a guy using a rifle several stories higher.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You have a mentor?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I do.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Basically, the entire group of agents was drunk as wombats the night prior and let a guy hired as cleanup crew a few months prior be the guy carrying the weapon. He freaked at the sound and accidentally loosed the round that destroyed the head. Size of openings actually doesn't need suspension of belief because the round size matched his weapon.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is footage of JFK's SS crew outside his jet as he lands in Dallas and one of them pitches a fit at someone. I did think it really odd how they all hang so far back from his car then after shots are fired only one agent runs up and gets in the car.

17. Tenacious D

JFK routinely ordered them both off of the back of his car, and from following too closely, just as he did in Miami, a short time before Dallas (IIRC). He understood the effect that seeing the POTUS gave people, and didn't want to risk lessening or spoiling it, so as to allow its maximum effect.

The agent you see at Love Field, throwing his hands up on the tarmac, was simply aping at a car that he was supposed to have been able to ride in, but which was full. He got a ride in another car.

18. JayVols

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And you're the best mentee I've ever had.

20. JayVols

Don't Ask/Don't Tell