"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't know Durkin was the defensive coordinator at Ole Miss until the co host and I told him

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn’t remember that either but if my job was to get on the radio and talk about sports I’d probably do a better job of keeping up with things like that

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I actually like Buck in general, I think he is very talented for someone who is only like 27. But it tells sometimes that he is not from Tennessee (Indiana native and IU alum) and cannot fully understand where we are coming from.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just another carpetbagger

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Athletic must've know it was a big weekend for Tennessee fans this weekend, so they sent this timely article to my inbox yesterday. Sheesh
    Screenshot_20211024-154220.jpg

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I really don't know what I'll do without bits of wisdom like this

RevBubbaFlavel and IP like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Athletic, at some point, can [uck fay] off.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Rexy thinks he's more clever than he is.

lylsmorr, LawVol16 and A-Smith like this.
  10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

When you can score 45 points in 14 minutes, it really doesn’t matter. Not even with terrible defense.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it hurt UK being on the field that much, honestly. Those olinemen were dragging ass in the 4th quarter and Young and Baron were just running by them

Memtownvol and Savage Orange like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, what television announcers don't seem to understand is that the situation of being out there 90 snaps is not new or alarming for this team. That's what it is expected to look like.

13. Savage Orange

I saw it that way too. Everyone talks about how leaving the D on the field that much is a problem, but it’s a problem for the opposing teams offense also.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Announcer bringing up TOP so many times was annoying. Surely someone sits around the booth and reminds them not to repeat something 25 times

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Football has just changed on these old people. Things that were important in 1995 aren’t as important now. I mean, it’s hard for me to accept some of this stuff too. Last night on Basilio’s postgame show people were complaining about the shotgun victory formation. My feeling is, why do something you never do? Especially when immediately before our game, Cincinnati botched it under center.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The only thing about offense is that they can control the substitution rates. If you are on defense and the offense doesn't let you sub, you have to have an injury.

InVolNerable and Savage Orange like this.
  17. Savage Orange

Until they change the rule, (which they almost certainly will…) we’ve already seen how that can be manipulated.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yep. On top of the player going down being out the rest of the series, needs to be that no one else can be substituted in either (or they can be, but every player coming off the field after that play for the defense has to sit out the entire drive).

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Good bit today on Alontae Taylor and the cookies.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Logged on this afternoon to cancel my subscription. They drew me back in with the $24 offer.