POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Please share the bible verse or Kavanaugh; "You won't know what "Hit" you"

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Proverbs 23:35?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I don't know how you can interpret that as a threat. A physical threat. You know what would change my mind? if Schumer or his supporters attempted to physically strike them. Then I would be like, you know, in hindsight... ya.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

IP quoting Bible verses as an athiest is kindof odd. If you dont believe, dont quote, imo. Quote some atheist passages you truly believe in.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This post will be like manna from Heaven for IP.

6. Ssmiff

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Proverbs 23:35 in context is in a passage warning against drunkenness, so, as per when IP uses scripture, it’s nonsensical.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You must have missed the multiple posts referencing the end of the only Jewish state on earth. You're not stupid. You don't need me to spoon feed you on how you get from BDS to that. And if you do, it shouldn't be too difficult for you too, as IP would put it, "Google it." There's plenty of information out there about why so many people opposed BDS and why it was labeled bigoted by Nancy Pelosi and others on the left.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You keep arguing about Greene as if anyone here is defending her. We just aren't big fans of Dems taking the action rather than R's. I think the R's should have taken care of her themselves, but they didn't. That doesn't mean I want Dems doing it.

You're saying Greene should be removed because she's dangerous. I (and others here) are stating that if being "dangerous" is the standard for removing opposing party members from committees, then R's should definitely get to work on Omar.

It doesn't matter if she's a member of Congress and Trump is the leader of the entire Milky Way galaxy. Either we are taking people for what they say at face value, or we are taking what they say with a grain of salt, reading into other things they say or don't say, and putting a ton of additional emphasis on the things that they do/fail to do.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meanwhile, in other Jerusalem Post news:

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/ilhan-omar-voted-2019s-antisemite-of-the-year-613308

Look, I've already agreed that Israel does some shit they shouldn't be doing. I've got no problem with calling that out and pushing for them to correct it. But BDS attempted to go far beyond that, and Omar is absolutely an anti-Semite.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There are plenty of folks in the Republican Party who could be on par, so to speak, with Omar, but they don't get the boot from committees, which should tell you about the egregiousness of Greene's actions. The fact the Republicans refuse to clean up their messes and, instead, look to inflate Omar's status in order to not have Greene sitting alone in the sun is their own problem. If people want to piss on our leg and tell us it's raining, then that's up to them, but some ham-fisted attempt to shift focus on Omar in response to the significantly higher level of objectionable activities of Greene is completely transparent and absurdly silly.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What has Greene said as a member of the House (since being sworn in) that has been so objectionable to you?

Then I will do Omar.

13. Unimane

Why the qualifier? Is it because Omar didn't say she would put a bullet in Pelosi's head, or any other officials', at any point? Does this preclude things during the campaign, too? Does this exclude the attempts to subvert the election process as a sitting member of the House?

I mean, I'm curious as to how much we should dilute this before she remotely enters the territory of Greene's transgressions. Maybe Greene can again accuse Omar of marrying her brother or that Muslims do not belong in government, to throw a little something extra in there.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  14. Unimane

Always, always, always, always, always whataboutism.

15. Ssmiff

Ha. Yes it is. Some are aware they do it and some are not.

16. Unimane

So, who is not aware?

17. Ssmiff

I mean, you just posted a few paragraphs in a couple of posts which were whatabout. Happens quite often. I have no problem with posing questions both sides need to answer, but complaining about the other side being about whataboutism is kinda silly to me, especially following whatabout posts.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why the qualifier? She is being removed from committees for things she said prior to becoming a Congresswomen.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  19. Unimane

Uh, that's not whataboutism. I mean, you understand the meaning of it, right? Just look at the two words in there.

Just to clarify, to help. It's about distracting from something by doing a "What about....insert in the blank?". Saying someone isn't doing the same as someone else is not whataboutism.

I hope this helps.

20. Unimane

Yes, why the qualifier? She is part of a body whose leader she threatened to bullet in her head. She campaigned with an AR-15 transposed over a picture of House members saying she was "their worst nightmare". She said Omar shouldn't serve because she was a Muslim. And, on and on.

Yet, these don't seem to count because she didn't specifically do them in the one month she was in the House body officially?