POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Please show me the list of people who have been found guilty of this crime of posting that they've peeped on teenage girls in a locker room.

Surely, this admission of guilt, must produce a massive list of criminals.

Oh, wait. That's silly, because that isn't how criminal law works.

2. fl0at_

This may come as a shock to you VD, only having lived on this planet much longer than I, but it actually isn't illegal to say you like something.

Doing something, however, is different.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

4. fl0at_

Which of the listed charges, I've bolded to make easier on your old eyes, are the ones about peeping on women?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe if you ask 6 more times, you’ll actually get an answer.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Remember that time Rashida Tlaib retweeted a bogus story about Israelis drowning a Palestinian kid in a well? And then when it was proven to be a complete fabrication, she just deleted the retweet and pretended it never happened, offering no retraction?

Yeah, the Jewish space lasers lady is definitely the bigger threat.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We are never going to agree so why bother. I believe that she should be judged as a Congress Person based upon her work and results as an elected Congress person and Democrats overstepped.

You and Uni disagree as is your prerogative.

I hope in 2 years when the pendulum shifts that coolar heads will prevail.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Indy likes this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't bother. She is a Democrat. Their shit doesn't stink.

It is a good thing that Democrats were not around when Jesus said "He without sin cast the first stone". Otherwise the lady would have been a goner.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

BDS calls for measure that would eventually lead to a Palestinian majority in the Jewish state. That would eliminate their ability to govern themselves and essentially remove their identity as the only Jewish state on earth.

You don’t have to dig too far into the history and language of the leaders of the BDS movement to uncover their true intentions.

And none of that even mentions that countries and people all over the world commit human rights violations with regularity, yet, for some reason, Israel is the place being called out. Are you going to tell me that Hamas and Hezbollah are playing by the rules of international law? Who do you think gains power if BDS policy is enacted?

Again, there’s a reason Pelosi said what she said about it. There’s a reason Angela Merkel said what she said about it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, I heard the lady apologize today, so this idea that Greene is real bad and can’t serve on her committees but Omar is okay because she apologized and signed something is just another example of the double standard.

Also heard audio today of Omar saying she doesn’t actually apologize for the things she has said but apologizes it for anyone who takes it the wrong way or misunderstands it. So basically, she’s not sorry.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If a child is misbehaving in a grocery store, I may want his mother to discipline him. If a total stranger walks up to the child and disciplines him, I will definitely think “that’s not appropriate” before thinking “I’m glad somebody took care of that.”

I just listened to the lady apologize a few hours ago. Are you lying, uninformed, or did I dream her apology?

Great vague language there. You’re not saying anything at all. It makes no sense to hold Trump one person accountable for things he didn’t say and then fail to treat someone else similarly. And Omar has more history with anti-Semitism than Trump has with white supremacy.

12. fl0at_

What are "work and results as an elected Congress person?" But, more specifically, why is "committee membership" something that is required for "work and results as an elected Congress person?"

13. fl0at_

Where are the BDS measures that would lead to a Palestinian majority? The entire thing was based on anti-apartheid works, and South Africa still exists.

Israel isn't keeping any of that in check by committing human rights violations. Israel, by stopping human rights violations, may limit some of those things.

What are those reasons? Why didn't they come true in South Africa? We have an honest to god living and happened example of BDS in the wild. So why does an example of the thing take back seat to prognostication?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  14. fl0at_

Luckily, the other side of the House isn't a total stranger. So your analogy would be more like "A child is misbehaving. His mother didn't discipline him, but I'm mad his father did." So... yea. Kinda a dumb take.

I would be uninformed here. Last I knew, she had said something along the lines of "I'm fine with being kicked off committees, they'd be a waste of my time." Which is about all I need to know to know she hasn't quite been sincere.

Yes, it does. Let me put it like this, you are making an argument that a wrong is a wrong. But distance is distance, yes? But no sane person measures inches in units miles. Just as no sane person measures Congress people in units Presidents.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Voters in her district elected her to be heir Congress person. Republicand felt she could best serve her district and the Country on the Committees she was assigned too.

Democrats said FU voters. But wait; Democrats are about listening to the voters and making sure their voice counts.

I guess it is not about all votes count. But it is about all Democratic votes count.

16. fl0at_

So, she's still an elected person of Congress. So she can still do the will of her voters.

Committees have nothing to do with that, and are set by, get this, not voters, but the party. So Democrats said "Do your thing, as you've been commanded, by the voters, we can't take that away from you. But we do set committees."

IP likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a threat, by your earlier logic.

18. fl0at_

It's hard to take the sarcastic holier than thou bullshit from the guy who thought this year's objection was going to be just like the last objection. Guy isn't serious on any belief, just what's right or left, and has to instantly home in on right.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

.. and I hope cooler heads prevail in 2 years and we do not see retribution.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Guess I can never be on any comittees.