POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you guys know he didn't have a short list and knew from it that it was going to end up being a black woman based on who was on it?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now do Clarence Thomas, re: the 6%. But yes, agreed on the last part.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don't know who all fault it is but after seeing bills the last month, filling up tank again this morn and grocery bill seeming up 20% buying the same items as always, prices and inflation are out of control.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think public opinion can be manipulated? It sounds very reasonable to consider everyone. But it assumes that there wasn't already a short list from considering everyone in which it became apparent that the nominee was going to be a black woman. I said it was dumb for him to have said anything when he did. But I do not believe there are "more qualified" people being excluded. I think there is a misunderstanding shared by the vast majority of people that there exists an individual that is empirically most qualified for any position, and it is just a matter of finding them. It's just not true.

What do the vast majority of people say when they or someone else doesn't get a job they wanted? It isn't "ah, there was a clearly more qualified candidate I guess."

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looks like Biden is going to get a chance to deal with Trump's buddy Putin.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Biden will probably get his ass kicked...hope not

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

His chance to show how much harder he will be on Putin and how he is not his buddy.

9. VOLinDAWGland

He's Xi's buddy

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did the US White House have a diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Olympics, in your opinion?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Because they were too big of [ussies pay] to do an actual boycott like they should have.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Since Nixon went to China, which administration did the best job of standing up to China?

13. VOLinDAWGland

Trump and not even close

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The truth is an American President alone is not empowered to "stand up to China," it would take the collective will of the American consumer to demand it by radically shifting how much of things we buy and how we shop.

fl0at_ and Volsdude like this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We can’t stand up to China, if we want to keep the petro dollar going.

We sacrificed our manufacturing base to keep the empire alive by making other countries having to buy and hold US dollars to purchase oil.

The CCP wasn’t supposed to expand their military capabilities in the deal, but have broken that and looking to upstage us globally

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The CCP will break any deal at any time. The whole ideology of that government is one of being peerless and only answering to themselves. The only value is the State itself. I'm not saying they are cartoonishly evil, I am saying they are like a shark and are predictable in how they respond to stimuli. And like Russia, this is not something we can go in and "regime change" or whatever. Change will have to come from within and on its own. And will, eventually.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wrong thread.

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Ketanji Brown Jackson is apparently the nominee for SCOTUS. From the brief bit I’ve read about her, I don’t hate it. She seems like a solid pick.