POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

All a game.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Highly qualified, experienced and relatable. I like her a lot.

Poppa T, SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.
  3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Biden approval down to 38%… still higher than Trump’s low of 34% but I can think of a way for Biden to jack that number up considerably…

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I also think this is the new "normal".

1/3 will like you

1/3 will loathe you

1/3 will be apathetic

Poppa T and Savage Orange like this.
  5. Savage Orange

After reading Trump’s comments at CPAC, I’m having trouble determining who’s more unhinged… I still say Putin but it’s really close.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump is a piece of work, but I wouldn't say he is anywhere near the guy standing up nuclear forces.

justingroves likes this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yeah he definitely isn’t remotely close.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Putin is far more dangerous because he's paired his megalomania with a nationalistic grievance and created a political system which allows him to apply it. Trump is consumed with himself, but with a primary desire to gain acceptance and credit for himself. He doesn't really give too much of a shit about nationalistic sensibilities when push comes to shove and works in a political system which has some ability to contain his irrationality. Putin is a danger to the world. Trump is ours.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is a good way to look at it.

Not that it is totally accurate, but I might word it ...

"Putin is a direct danger to the world. Trump is an indirect danger to the world."

Savage Orange likes this.
  10. Savage Orange

After the events of January 6, I could see Trump pulling something like this. Thank God he’s no longer POTUS, and may it stay that way. Imagine if Trump had been in power as long as Putin. In my opinion, they are cut from the same cloth.

Where I do think they differ is that Putin seems to be genuinely intelligent (even if that intellect is misguided, and self absorbed) where Trump is just a dumbass who lucked into his life situation.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Trump is truly skilled at reading people - it’s an art.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

13. Savage Orange

From the comments section…

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm sure there's some weird stuff. I just found the mishap amusing and if you still shot the video on the other newscaster the look on his face is funny

Savage Orange likes this.
  15. Savage Orange

That whole video is funny… and for the record, I don’t think Biden is a pedo at all. It’s just another talking point from the right. Both sides do it but to call someone a pedo (without real proof) is over the top, imo.

16. Savage Orange

Did Biden just say “Iranian” people? Or was “Uranium” people?…

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought the Ukranian segment was poorly articulated. Basically, came across as saying we support you Ukraine, but you're not in NATO which we'll defend with everything you have. Then said Putin will pay for his aggression, but we'll let him have Ukraine, but don't worry Ukraine, we're with you.

While this is the unfortunate reality, there had to be a better way to articulate it, without telling Ukraine thoughts and prayers.

18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Does he even know the difference?

zehr27 likes this.
  19. Savage Orange

Yeah, Biden not coming across very well at all. Even when he tries to talk tough, he just can’t pull it off at all.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Pete's haircut is the star of this SOTU.