POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You missed the transportation/socioeconomics element. I can live in a literal desert and get water. That doesn't mean water access is not an issue in a literal desert.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it disproportionately does.

Is this going to be one of these stone cold facts that get people's panties in a bunch like it can't be true because it would mean that they are not actually the ones walking the furthest to school up hill both ways in life? Does it undermine the personal narrative of pulling one's self up by bootstraps and anyone could do it but others are just not as hard-working? What's the deal here?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Exactly what harm do you think has been done, here?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think 60 Minutes have harmed themselves, but that is all I got.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What does that have to do with right and wrong? Only matters if you perceive a harm when people lie on purpose to mislead?

6. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Once again we see why the Public's view of the Media is at an all time low.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How so?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rate at which they are vaccinated lags other demographics. This is due to access and socioeconomic factors.

9. fl0at_

There cannot be a wrong, without a harm. This is a basic tenant of Western philosophy.

What exactly is the lie, and how are you certain it was done on purpose?

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is proven how?

11. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

African Americans also have a strong skepticism of vaccines due to being Guinea Pigged in the past.

12. fl0at_

Good. You shouldn't trust media. You should verify media.

13. fl0at_

Statistical patterning. Basically the same way Google works with search results.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why is WV and Alaska doing so well on vaccine roll out?

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do these patterns pick up on people just not getting the vaccine because they don't want to or don't care?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Less Publix

17. fl0at_

Yes.

18. fl0at_

Alaska is mostly wilderness, but where the people are, they mostly are all there. There is also a large percentage of science and government workers. And because there aren't many people there, they hit their allotment pretty quick.

I don't know much about the demographics of West Virginia.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont agree with your first statement. Lying is wrong, no matter if you deem harm is done or not.
    And they cut the interview into pieces to manipulate what was reported, so if you dont think it was done intentionally to support an agenda, you can certainly have your own opinion. I've been talking about media control for a couple years and pointing out those that have been controlled, dont seem to be aware or care.

20. fl0at_

I see no media control, over anything. I see paranoia by a lot of people, because they can't follow change.

If you lie to yourself, you haven't harmed anyone. As such, lying is logically proven to not be wrong; how it is used, however, can be wrong.

They cut the interview, but all the words were still there. It's 60 minutes, not 6 hours. It has to be cut.

But even in the short interview, Desantis lays out a solid defense, that disproves 60 minutes assertion.

Even in the chopped interview, he defends himself successfully. Which just makes 60 minutes look bad.

SetVol13 likes this.