POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The GOP and McConnell have a pickle, and you know they are trying to figure out the angle that hurts them the least in Georgia.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thats bullshit IP. I dont constantly defend Trump. I have defended him and do anybody when i sense unfairness. Period. And never have said dems are the root of all problems. Ever. Take that bullshit and shove it up your ass.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd rather you kiss my ass, I call it like I see it.

4. Ssmiff

Yeah so do i and you are a [itch bay]

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that what you tell yourself when you think about what I should put up my ass?

6. Ssmiff

I havent voted for Trump in either election. Said multiple times hes an idiot. Said multiple times he should stfu and mentioned i was good with Biden winning to get the shitshow over with.
    But yeah, i defend him at all costs according to you. So yeah, call it like you see it. You cant see shit and are a [itch bay] to boot. Period.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The majority of the shit you said has almost nothing to do with covid. Dems giving money to the USPS is not about Covid.

Your own article mentions Trump’s criticism of the USPS deals with express shippers like Amazon.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

California liberals another example of this. Small businesses, you must shut down, lose your businesses, jobs, etc.

Except you dear Rich Hollywood friends; you can keep working.

Restaurant, you cannot safely serve people outdoors. Caterers for our Hollywood elite, you can do it safely so service them.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Caterers don't have waiters and waitresses. They can drop the food off and leave. Most people who dine out expect someone to take their order, refill their drinks, serve their food, and then take their ticket.

You're trying to make an equivalent comparison between two nonequivalent industries.

Restaurants can still do take out, which is the same as catering.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The USPS and other carriers have been hit with something like a 35% increase in package volume this year because of the pandemic. I would say that yes, giving money to the USPS is related to COVID.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

All I know is that if I ran my business like the USPS did I would be quickly out of business. I understand the purpose of the postal service but man is it run inefficiently, of course the same can be said for most governmental agencies.

12. fl0at_

So you're saying you could run a business that has a drop off that accepts hand written notes, anywhere in the country, and get it to its destination, in normal times, in fewer than 7 days?

Because neither UPS or FedEx can manage that. Which is why they mandate label printing.

13. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Didn’t say anything about UPS or Fedex, simply stated it’s not well run.

14. fl0at_

I can't think of another business on the planet that has a branch location at every home and business.

So I'm not sure how you can make that comparison, given that it is unlikely any business you run will ever, regardless of time the business exists, also have a branch location at every home and business in the country.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just explained it to you. It does.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you can show where I said you defend him "at all costs," I will concede the argument. If you can't, you should.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not a business, it is a government service. Without it, there would be no parcel service in much of the country. It has been deliberately sabotaged throughout the last 20 years by elected officials. Look at the current Post Master General for the most recent example: a guy who used to run a private parcel service who came in like a hit job to knee cap the USPS further. Don't forget about closing down systems and equipment right when they were needed to process the large amount of mail ballots due to COVID.

18. Ssmiff

"You constantly defend Trump while trashing dems as the root of all problems"
    --Lying [itch bay] IP.
    Gfy

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

So not "at all costs." Do you concede this?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Business up 35%, presumably getting 35% increase in revenue, and need Covid Relief. Something is terribly wrong with that business model.